We are a family of 5 travelling to Iceland to meet my parents who stay in Reyjkavic.
We plan to stay there for a week.
I'm trying to plan the week such that we stay in Reykjavic for 3-4 days and spend some time out of the city also!
Would like some guidance on the 2- or 3-day plan for Jokursarlon etc.
1 day we plan to go around the Golden Circle
I want to plan a night-stay somewhere along the way to Jokursarlon so that we can take our time during the journey and cover all the waterfalls along the way. I also want to plan this in such a way that we can take the ferry to Westman Islands for an afternoon to check out the Puffins.
I would like to cover as much of South Iceland as possible during this trip and would prefer if the above Vik-Jokursarlon trip can take place overnight itself.
Have heard that Iceland has few hotels and most get reserved by March itself. So I want to plan this part of my Europe trip as soon as possible.
Looking forward to planning this further!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail vs. Plane
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 Self Drive UK tour
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 2 week May trip with kids
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 15 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Which Aran Island??
- 22 Spain or Portugal
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please