I need some advice on the best itinerary for Spain and France. PLEASE! We are 2 adults travelling with our children 4 and 2.5 years old.
We are arriving in Madrid in mid May and planning to fly back to Australia in early August.
Our plan so far looks like this: this is the first draft and very open to all changes.
14 May to 21 May in Madrid (with side trips to Toledo, Segovia)
21 may train trip to Seville and into Puerto de Santa Maria (we have some relatives that live there)
We have a car from here
21-29 May around Jerez, Cadiz and a few nights stay in Seville
29-6 june Andalucia with overnight stays as Cordoba 2 nights, Granada 2, Malaga?, Marbella 3 or 4nights, Gilbraltar and back to Puerto.
6-8 june Puerto de santa maria
9-19 june Caceres, Trujillo, Merida and into Portugal. How many nights in each. Day trips?
Where to go in Portugal????
19-21 june back at Puerto
21 june fly Seville to Paris
21 - 26 June Paris
Hire car and drive to
27 June - 1 July Bordeux and Biarritz
2 July - 5 July San Sebastian
6 July drive to Barcelona (stay overnight somewhere on the way or drive straight)?
7- 12 July Barcelona
13 July drive to somewhere around Beziers or Montpellier
13 -20 Beziers/Montpellier area
27 July - 1 August Cap Ferrat
1 August drive into Italy to visit relatives and fly back home from Rome
What do you think?
Thanks very much in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach