Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-im-being-held-prisoner-1065511/)

aaairaaaa Jul 31st, 2015 08:57 AM

HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.

IIf anyone sees this message, please notify the folks at the Lounge that IRA is being held incommunicado at an undisclosed location.

He has been suspended and they won't say why.

Goodbye dear friends.

((I))

NewbE Jul 31st, 2015 09:04 AM

Take it from me, you're well out of it!

Tulips Jul 31st, 2015 09:10 AM

What did you do Ira? Whas it the 'tipping' thread? ;-)

Pegontheroad Jul 31st, 2015 09:19 AM

Don't worry, we're on the way, and we're bring Tom Cruise to rescue you.

suze Jul 31st, 2015 09:27 AM

Don't listen to NewbE. Come back! We miss you!!

starrs Jul 31st, 2015 09:31 AM

LOL! Love your message!

I'll join those flagging this thread for the editors/moderators.

I have reason to visit your town so if you need supplies, etc. just let me know. ;)

janisj Jul 31st, 2015 10:01 AM

The Fodors genie probably thought you were a troll because you clicked submit too many times in a row.

(AFAIK it automatically zaps a screen name that tries to start too many threads one right after the other -- but one would <i>think</i> it would be smart enough to figure out if those threads are in the Lounge one can't be a troll??? :? )

Contact the eds -- they'll set you free . . .

suze Jul 31st, 2015 10:13 AM

ira~~ Do get in touch with the editors pronto. Ask for them to reinstate you. They didn't mean to kick you out of the forum.

Dayenu Jul 31st, 2015 11:49 AM

I saw the real Ira posting on Cruise Critic yesterday - he and his lady wife are traveling.

cigalechanta Jul 31st, 2015 02:20 PM

A gltch most likely, I was banned when accidently
posting twice. ( I have a slight disability)

LSky Jul 31st, 2015 03:45 PM

What you need is a group of stealthy people to dress in black and come to your rescue!

No problem.

I'll lend them some clothes.

cynthia_booker Jul 31st, 2015 07:42 PM

We can sympathize quite a bit as long as you don't say you are in a jail in central Asia and need funds to post bail. Happened to my niece once. Oh, wait, never mind. That was a scam from Liberia or somewhere.

kja Jul 31st, 2015 10:08 PM

Again? It's been less than 2 years since this happened to Ira last -- that I know of. Perhaps there is a lessen to be learned?

grrr Jul 31st, 2015 10:57 PM

Ah, so it worked? Excellent...

janisj Aug 1st, 2015 07:55 AM

>>Perhaps there is a lessen to be learned?<<

you think? ;)

nytraveler Aug 1st, 2015 08:53 AM

Ira - you must return. We need you.

Or soon the Lounge will have no posters at all. (It's bad enough they are all slow for the summer.)

aaairaaaa Aug 1st, 2015 09:23 AM

Hi all,

Thanx for you encouragement.

I have written the Moderators.

I also sacrificed a lamb, in its first year and without blemish.

Nothing.

((i))

AJPeabody Aug 1st, 2015 10:24 AM

Tell them you stopped posting in Korean.

Lois2 Aug 1st, 2015 12:10 PM

middle school..simply middle school here at Fodors. I bet that lounge is kindergarten.

PalenQ Aug 1st, 2015 12:35 PM

Ira is one good reason Fodor's show shutter the Lounge - first it drains their time monitoring the often irreverent tones found there but more importantly it has caused valuable Fodorites like Ira who for years gave short and sage European travel advice but after being sucked into the Lounge and its adolescent maturity level at times he rarely gives travel advice anymore, at least on the Europe forum and that is a loss to all and especially to Fodor's and there are many others who if not consumed by the lounge would be contributing wisdom to the travel forums not tradin insults and arguing like kids on the Lounge.

CLOSE THE LOUNGE - EVERYONE WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT OUT

Yes Lounge Rats there is life after the Lounge, believe me!