Help I need a hotel in sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please could anyone tell me of a good hotel in Sorrento. Unfortunately I have reduced mobility and am unable to stay at those with steep hills to get into and out of the centre of sorrento. I would like one that has a nice pool good view and is clean.I have read many reviews and the best review was for Grand Royal Hotel does anyone know of a website where this hotel is reasonably priced or any other hotel that woule be suitable

Many Many thanks for your time.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM

The Excelsior Vittoria is a very nice hotel in Sorrento that might meet your needs. It is listed in the Fodors hotels for the Amalfi coast.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help unfortunately the Vittoria is out of my price range, I have read alot about Best Western La Solara Hotel anybody been there.

Old Jun 11th, 2005, 09:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What exactly is your budget?

You might go to www.sorrentomap.com and look at their lodging links. Otherwise, we need more info to help you.
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Jean thanks for help we have now bookd a hotel in Sorrento.

We are also plannig to stay inNaples for 2 nights. We have a late flight on our last evening so do not need to be at airport until 8pm. Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Naples that is near to bus or train services so we are able to get to Naples Auirport easily. We have read some reviews that have said the station area is dangerous and so can Naples be for tourists.

Our budget is about 80 euro's.

Thanks
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi! Glad you found something in Sorrento.

For Naples, I'd suggest you create a new post mentioning Naples in the title. Also mention your budget in the originating question. Good luck! And have a great time!
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM

Don't stay at the Grand Royal I was just there. Far fro the town. OVerpriced. they charged us 5 Euros or a bucket of Ice and 3 euros for a bag of chips. Find another place. No beach area either. They were snooty and rude as well
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM

As you say, the area of Naples directly outside the main railway station is pretty rough.

I'm not sure how reduced your mobility is - would a hotel which involved taking the express bus from the airport (right outside the terminal) to its 2nd stop (for the ferry port) then walking for 5-10 minutes be too difficult ?

I spent a lot of time last year researching where to stay for a week in Naples & was pleased with the location of the Hotel Executive, which I got to as described. At the time I think it was €104 for a standard double, in June, but maybe you are going at a cheaper time of year ? The Hotel Jolly, while a blot on the landscape, would be easy to get to that way too and wouldn't be expensive I think.