Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I need your help! Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 1997, 10:58 AM
Jennifer

My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time and plan to see Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan. I've found great information here but need specific names of your favorite hotels and restaurants. Specifically, we'd like to spend about $80-$100 for hotels and spend more on food. Can you help? We're thinking about Hotel Marcus, Hotel Julia, or Hotel Colosseum for Rome. Comments? Other suggestions?

Old Dec 4th, 1997, 07:40 PM
Steve

If you must go to Milan (to fly into or out of Italy), don't spend much time there. Save your time for the other major cities plus such small ones as Verona, Siena, Orvieto, Sorrento, for ex.

Old Dec 4th, 1997, 07:40 PM
Steve

If you must go to Milan (to fly into or out of Italy), don't spend much time there. Save your time for the other major cities plus such small ones as Verona, Siena, Orvieto, Sorrento, for ex.

Old Dec 4th, 1997, 10:46 PM
Mike

Hi,
I've been to all these destinations. Your price range sounds about what my price range when I was there. We simply kept walking around checking hotels until one was satisfactory. Where I stayed was such a small part of the whole experience of Italy. I've gone during high seasons and have had no trouble in finding places to stay. (I can't say that about Venice, it might be different.) I can suggest ideal areas to look while in Rome and Florence.

In Rome, I would look between the Spanish Steps and the Trevi fountain. There is alot to see just walking around from there.

In Florence, I'd look around the Ponte Vecchio bridge. Again, you are near lots of stuff, including the Ifuzzi (mispelled) museum.

Sounds like a great vacation, I hope this information is worth the paper it was written on.
HAVE FUN, its my most favorite country to visit!

Old Dec 5th, 1997, 01:09 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

It is a shame that you will not see Italy. I agree
Steve, forget Rome and Milan--I guess you have to
do the other 2 on a first trip---and try to see the
best of Italy. Do not miss the Lakes, Siena, and
thr Amalfi coast. Also, do not feel you have to stay
in the cities---especially on your budget. If you
want a better itinerary, please contact me directly.