Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   HELP! hotels in Seville & Granada - all booked up! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-hotels-in-seville-and-granada-all-booked-up-346874/)

saregama Aug 11th, 2003 10:32 AM

HELP! hotels in Seville & Granada - all booked up!

Hi

I'm travelling to Spain in September with a bunch of friends, but having trouble with hotels in Granada & Seville.

Most of the common recommendations from this forum are booked up already...

(eg Seville - tried Juderias, Amadeus, Laurel, Casa#7 but no luck. There was room at Alcantara, but I've never seen it posted here...)

(Granada - same type of problem, and I'm also not sure how to judge some of the larger hotels downhill as most recommendations here have been for smaller places that are all booked up)

Any new recommendations would be MUCH appreciated!

thanks again (especially to all of you that have weighed in on my earlier itinerary-related questions!)

(also - in Madrid, we have possible stays at either Suecia or Tryp Reina Victoria for about the same cost - any recommendations one way or another?)

DOCK Aug 11th, 2003 10:47 AM

Try to get Las casa Juderia with Asia Travel.They were able to get me 2 rooms in July when all other sites including hotel said it was full.

olivia Aug 11th, 2003 10:54 AM

Try the Hotel Becquer in Seville. Also the Gran Hotel Lar in Seville. I've stayed at both and the Becquer is more centrally located. The hotel Lar was also within walking distance of the Santa Cruz quarter.

chryso Aug 11th, 2003 10:57 AM

Hi
I stayed at the Dona Maria hotel by Giralda cathedral in September, 2000. It was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and at that time, it cost about $100US/night. Great location, too.
Have fun!
Chryso

artlover Aug 11th, 2003 11:01 AM

Try Petrabax.com--they sell Bancotel coupons which are great deals--and see what they have available. I worked with Luis for reservations in Nov. and he's from Spain and was very helpful. Good luck.

(Also, might try Hotel Fernando III in Seville if you the above doesn't work out.)

RichardK Aug 11th, 2003 11:29 AM

the AC Palacio in Granada - highly recommended - we were just there in May.
a "W-ish" style hotel with many of the preserved features of its 16th century past.

lweber Aug 11th, 2003 11:29 AM

In Granada, try Melia Granada and Hotels Carmen. Both 4* and good location but not really high priced. 3* try Inglaterra, Duaro, Duaro II. All the above are within 2-3 blocks of each other. If no luck try Princesa Ana or Ana Capri. These are located out a bit [1 mi] from downtown but are in good neighborhoods and give you a bit of living outside the tourist area. Both are on city bus routes [every 15 min +-]

Maribel Aug 11th, 2003 03:25 PM

Ditto to the AC Palacio de Santa Paula.
These sleek, ultra modern AC Gran Clase Hotels deliver lots of "hip" style and extra comfort + amenities. We're big fans.

CathyM Aug 18th, 2003 12:20 PM

I stayed at the Alcantara in Sevilla over Semana Santa this year. The hotel is new and very clean and modern. I had a single and it was small but OK for just me. Almost had a sort of scandinavian feel - clean, modern and spartan. The location is superb - right in the heart of the juderia. The staff was very friendly and I'd defintely consider staying there again.

IgorVodov Aug 18th, 2003 12:29 PM

I have stayed at Tryp Colon 2 years ago. The hotel is not luxurious but some of the rooms have been renovated recently. It is about 10 minute walk from Giralda and close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.

kdl Aug 23rd, 2003 03:26 AM

Hi,

we were in Sevilla in August and stayed at the Dona Maria (right in front of the cathedral) - had read several posts about it here before, either people like it or hate it. We liked it a lot! GREAT location, plus the rooftop swimmingpool is ideal when coming back from exploring the city, and at night they open a cafe/bar also on the roof where you can sit and enjoy a good drink (very creative cocktails!) and have a great view to the Cathedral and Giralda , illuminated at night. We had 3 different rooms (yes!) - first was with twin beds separated which we refused, second was with twin beds put together (better) and the next day they gave us a room with a true double bed, where we stayed the remaining 2 nights. All these rooms were nice, in their own way, and spacious. Its a mixture of traditional furnishings and all the amenities are very modern, clean etc. I can only recommend it. Only drawback: my teenage stepson stayed in a single room and this was really quite a small room. I think they have 5 true single bedrooms, so be aware of that.
We booked by calling the hotel itself and got great low-season rates for august (95 euro for double, 55 euro for sgle), but september I expect to be more expensive.
Anyway, their website is www.hdmaria.com
Other websites I use for bookings and which always have good rates and availability are:
www.hrs.com (hotel reservation service)
www.all-hotels.com
try also www.ratestogo.com where you can find great last minute offers for the 2 weeks following the date of search.
good luck! Katherine

Heidi1961 Oct 9th, 2003 05:43 AM

I also stayed at the Hotel Alcantara in Seville last October. It was certainly not luxurious, but it was very clean and new. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was great. Affordable too!

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

rex Oct 9th, 2003 05:54 AM

Not sure why this thread was brought back up, since the original question was asked in August, for a trip in September - - but for anyone reading this and seeking real-time bookings (or at least availability) - - venere.com now lists 36 properties for Sevilla and 38 for Granada.

Best wishes,

Rex