Help! -hotels in Milan and Lake District

Hi,
Has anybody stayed in the following hotels (name of hotel and then location):
Ariston - Milan
SantÁmbroeus - Milan
Hotel Ariosto - Milan
Olivedo - Varennes
Hotel Bellavista - Menaggio

My wife and I are looking for decent 3 or 4 star hotels that arent too outrageously expensive but in decent locations. Thanks!!!

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

My wife and I went to Italy in June...we went to Milan and Venice and I have posted a trip report and pictures from both places on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there

Have a great trip

regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Intrepid

I can give you some info about the Bellavista in Menaggio. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant twice this past May (we were staying in another hotel).
The hotel is directly on the lake..you can get lakeview and non lakeview rooms. Easy walk from the ferry dock. Food in the restaurant was good we thought. We looked at one of the rooms...not overly large but clean and nicely decorated. It is in a good location for Menaggio...very near the lakefront square where there are several restaurants, gelato stands, newsstand, churches, and close to the promenade area, too. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:14 AM

on Lake COmo in Varenna I recommend the Albergo Milano, try to get room 1 or 2 with the large balcony! www.varenna.net
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Intrepid

OK..if we're also recommending OTHER hotels on this string I'll chime in with a recommendation for the Du Lac..also in Varenna..they have a website but unfortunately I do not have it handy.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:37 AM
jmv

It's albergodulac.com. I just booked a room with seaview for a friend 175 euros before Oct. 15 and 155 after. Other rooms with garden views, etc. cheaper. Rooms at Bellavista even less, maybe as low as 89 euros with seaview, but no balcony. do a google search for the bellavista.