Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help! Hotel in Brittany is closed on our dates.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:09 PM
jeanne

After reviewing this board and other travel resources we had decided to stay in Pont Aven at the Moulins de Rosmadec...sounded so charming and peaceful. But today they informed me they have to be closed at the time we'll be there. So I'm back to square one.<BR><BR>We planned to spend two or three nights on the southern Breton coast and then go up to St. Malo/Mt St Michel for a couple of days. <BR><BR><BR>Can anyone recommend another charming place in southern Brittany? We had chosen Pont Aven because it's upriver a little from the coast, which could be helpful in case of November weather. We like being in a town or village but accessible to rural walks. <BR>Thanks for any tips.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 01:23 AM
JOdy

You might try www.tourismebretagne.com<BR><BR>we are staying at le Bretagne et Sa Residence in Questembert next week. I'll be happy to report on it if after Nov 1st will suit your timeframe

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:26 AM
ellie

We stayed in a village called St.Sulliac a few years ago. It was lovely and may fit your bill but I'm sorry to say I can't remember the name of the place. Very quaint and beautiful village. <BR>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/photoalain/m...lliac%201.html

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Ann

We stayed at Le Bretagne a few years ago. It was superb

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 05:07 AM
jeanne

Ellie, beautiful picture...I assume you took it. I did a search on St.Sulliac, but the only thing it produced was your picture...LOL!<BR><BR>I've found a lovely looking place: Chateau de Launay. It's near Pontivy which works for our agenda. Here's the website (anyone know of it?)<BR><BR>http://www.chateaudulaunay.com/