Help- Flying to paris via heathrow

Aug 13th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

Help- Flying to paris via heathrow

Hi,
I'm flying to Paris via London. I have a long stay student visa for France. The layover in london is less than 2 hrs at LHR.

Do I still need to get a transit visa?
Please help
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM

What's your nationality? Are you transiting the UK and staying airside or have you bought separate tickets which will require you to collect and recheck luggage and hence have to pass through UK immigration?
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Staying airside, don't have to pass through immigration and I'm Indian.
I'm going to Paris on a long-stay student visa.
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM

I appreciate getting an answer from a UK High Commission on this is almost impossible without standing in a queue for years and forking out a fortune. But it's not a good idea to expect reliable information from this kind of forum.

If you're not allowed onto a flight because the airline thinks you need a visa, is it really going to get you anywhere to tell them someone you've never heard of with a stupid monicker on Fodors said it was OK?

Use the drop down menus at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...u-need-a-visa/. Then follow the links VERY, VERY, carefully an d meticulously.
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

haha i was hoping to find someone who has used the same route that's all
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Yes I tried that, however the nature of the visa i receive from the Embassy of France has left me rather confused.
This route is a lot more economical.
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM

You may not need a visa under point 7 in the 'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions section of the following

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ansit-airside/

Personally I would be trying to find a route to France - eg via one of the Gulf States - where you won't have to worry about visas
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:03 AM

" i was hoping to find someone who has used the same route that's al"

You need to find another Indian, living in the same country as you, who's flown the same route, with exactly the same elapsed time in Britain and exactly the same changes of plane at Heathrow, since the last time the UK visa rules changed, with exactly the same French visa. The chances of finding such a person on a site like this are self-evidently only fractionally less than the chances of there being such a person anywhere on earth.

If you can't understand the UKBA site then your choice is to risk being denied boarding at your original airport or to see if you've got the patience and spare cash to deal with your local UK High Commission.