I'm hoping you guys will be able to help us with our conundrum. We are supposed to stay in Florence 9/25-9/27 (currently in Tuscany with rental car) however it sounds like the bike race will be a huge damper on our plans.
Our hotel said many streets will be closed to pedestrians and all to cars. We would have to drop our rental off at the airport and either take a taxi to outside of the city center and walk in or take a train to SMN station and walk from there, about 2 miles to our hotel (both options would require lugging two huge bags, one with a handle that broke yesterday UGH!).
That being said, do you think we should cancel our trip to Florence? We have a train booked from Florence to Venice 9/27 and can probably change with a fee. We could add two extra days to our rental car or take a train somewhere. We have been to Amalfi, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lucca, and Tuscany. Thought maybe stay in Tuscany two more days or perhaps Como? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681 :7208 CONTACTSBCGLOBAL Techh care
- 2 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 5 Packing Champagne
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 two days in Nice
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 16 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 New fast track
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 24 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 25 Once upon a time in Italy