Help finding the name of a restaurant in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe 10 years ago I went to a restaurant about a 10 minute walk down from where the market is held in St. Germaine. The restaurant had a 500 year old door and it was very close to the Seine. Any detectives out there or have you been there? I have googled and can't find it. Almost next door was a gorgeous hotel set way back in a courtyard that was being renovatated and was going to be beaucoup bucks. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Can't help with the Restaurant but I stayed at the Hote' L'Abbaye St Germain that is inside a coartyard.
A beautiful place.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Another hotel with a courtyard in the St Germain area
http://www.relais-christine.com/
We've always wanted to stay there
I hope someone comes up with the restaurant because we want to go there also.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Relais Christine was also the place I was thinking of. It is about a 10 minute walk to Rue du Buci, the open market in St Germain and is maybe a block from the Seine. The mystery continues : )
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM

I got intrigued by your question because I do remember an old establishment on the street right on the Seine that I took a picture of, that is near to Relais Christine(we stayed in a hotel nearby).

Is it this?

http://www.laperouse.com/
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM

If the hotel was the Relais Christine, the restaurant might have been the Relais Louis XIII http://www.relaislouis13.fr/

It's not next door but a couple of blocks away, a block from the Seine and across the street from Picasso's home and studio.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the input. I'm not sure about the hotel. My friend doesn't recognize the name but he was there right before the reno and the name may have changed. I can't tell from the picture how far back it sets but the one he stayed at (and I saw as we walked past) is set quite far back from the street.

We think the restaurant was the Relais Louis XIII. I will have to show him the pictures to be sure. When the 500 year old door was opened to enter there was a large heavy crimson curtain to keep out the drafts before you entered the dining room. We ate in the lower level (basement). But it was very nice.

I looked at the menu and was shocked at the prices. I guess I wasn't paying attention as I was being treated. It was a wonderful experience. The cheese tray we ended with was fabulous.