I have heard that Spain is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy their wines. I know that the recommended areas for a wine route vacation is Andalusia, Ribera del Duero and Rioja. What I would like to know is if these areas are similar to Tuscany, Alsace or Provence as far as scenic small villages, beautiful landscape and good restaurants. If someone could recommend an area that is enjoyable to meander through, I'd appreciate it. Also, where would be a good place to make our home base?
We would also like to fly to Portugal, so if you have any advice about where to stay in that country I'd love to hear it.
Just as an aside, I've already been to Madrid, San Sebastian and the Costa del Sol so I'd rather not repeat those areas. We would have 2 weeks to spend.
Thank you--this will help me jump-start my research.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 Shall we Gdansk?
- 3 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 4 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 5 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 6 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 7 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 8 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 9 Best Greek Island
- 10 5 days in Andalusia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 14 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 15 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 16 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 17 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 18 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 19 Driving
- 20 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 21 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 22 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 Change of resident
- 24 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 25 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?