Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help Finding Apartment in Rome for 6 in Sept?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three couples are going to Rome in early September. We think it might make more sense to rent an apartment rather than rent hotel rooms. We are also thinking it would make more sense to have a car pick us up from the airport. Does anyone have recommendations for agencies or places where we could find a driver and car for six and also an apartment? We will be there for 3 nights before we leave for a cruise. We are all late 50's early 60's and in good health so stairs are not an issue.
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM

I think for 6 passengers plus luggage you will need to get a van and driver.

To get an apt appropriate for 3 couples I would check those companies listed on posts here - but do realize that you need to be careful to get 3 real bedrooms and baths - (versus sleeping on sofa or in a loft) will be difficult. You may need to rent 2 apts in the same building.
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM

rentalinrome.com has 3 apartments together in the same building at very good prices. I've used them for clients with your same situation, and stayed in one of them myself.

Here is a link to one of them:
http://www.rentalinrome.com/spagnast...rraceapartment

I can't remember the names of the other two, but they all match in decor so they ought to be able to find in their listings and you could write to the agency. I myself would rather not share a bathroom with other couples.

There are many references on this forum to a good Rome transport company. If someone doesn't give you a name, try a search for Rome Driver or something similar.
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM

I think RentalinRome has their own driver that they can recommend. We just used them and they arranged for someone to pick us up at the airport for a fee.
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM

Other agencies are VRBO, sleepinitaly, and airbnb.
You mentioned "an apartment" while one response was for "three apartments." Are you really looking for "an apartment?" Is making "sense" due to cost consideration? If this is the case, have you stayed in "an apartment" with your companions before? An apartment for 6 may only have one or two bathrooms in general. Be sure to look at the descriptions, so you know how many are just toilets and how many showers/baths you really have. Also you must understand the apartments have limited check-in windows you need to hit as well as limited or no luggage storage capability if you arrive early. An finally, while stairs might be ok without luggage, I presume you are all heavily laden being cruise travelers? Can you also carry these luggage up perhaps four flights of stairs if the caretaker cannot do it for you?
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 03:44 AM

I bookmarked this 3 bedroom/3 bathroom apartment near Largo Argentina from a trip report here - it could be perfect (but September availability is slim......however it is open September 1 to 4th if that works for you)

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/rome/nav...-argentina-lux
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM

We used SleepinItaly for a 2bd in Trastevere. They provided a driver who picked us up at the airport in a minivan. All went smoothly with sleepinitaly.
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM

I always use Rome Cabs. Excellent service, competant and safe drivers and clean cars. Price for 6 people is 65, with one suitcase/1 carryon per person

www.romecabs.com
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM

We stayed in the apartment that Elizabeth_S linked above. It was wonderful! I can't say enough about it. If you can get it, book it! The location is great, it would be good for 3 couples, although one room does have 2 single beds - there are 3 bathrooms. One is very small but usable. It has two beautiful terraces. It's fantastic! You can see more pictures in my trip report which you can find either on my blog:

http://tripspicsandtales.blogspot.com/ just go to the posts from this summer - they would be the ones from our trip to Europe. The pictures are in the blog. Or you can click on my name here and find my trip report - but since you can't post pictures here, you have to then click the link to the pictures.

We used Rome Cabs for our transportation from the airport. We had 6 people. Plenty of room. Excellent service. We did their VIP transfer - which included a little introductory tour of Rome on the way to our hotel (we stayed one night in a hotel pre-cruiseand then 3 nights in the apartment after the cruise.)

We also used Walks Of Italy for tours as well as transfers and they worked well too.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the responses. We do not arrive until Sept 9th and the high season rate on the apartment is a bit too much for us. We have been looking for 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms for about 300 - 320 euros per night. Have one inquiry out on VRBO for a place on via de cappellari.

Very much appreciate the info on Walks of Italy and plan to take one of their tours. Also appreciate the suggestions for transportation.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 05:36 PM

We stayed in an apartment we rented through www.residenzagiubbonari.com. The apartment was in the Campo de Fiori area and was excellent. We also used Rome Cabs and they were great. Have fun on your trip.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Rome Shuttle Limousine is another transfer service that has lots of reviews on Fodor's.

http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/...t-transfer.php
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 02:12 PM

I can also recommend Romeshuttlelimousine. Excellent service and usually less costly than Rome Cabs. They are a private car service, not a shared shuttle, notwithstanding the name.
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Paqngo, thank you for the info on the apartment. I have sent a message to them regarding our dates and requesting price. BEAUTIFUL! Many thanks also to others for the suggestions for the car/transfer service and locations. I am hoping to be in the Canp de Fiori area based upon the suggestions provided. Have one request out for that area on VRBO as well.