Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Help finding a hotel in Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-finding-a-hotel-in-paris-479506/)

jlbe Oct 10th, 2004 12:45 PM

Help finding a hotel in Paris

Hi! My husband, 4 yr old and I are planning a trip to Paris next week. Does anyone have any info. on a nice hotel, within walking distance from touristy places, with garage parking nearby or parking on the premisis? We don't want to spend more than 120E a night if possible. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

crepes_a_go_go Oct 10th, 2004 12:51 PM

This is a troll, right?

Underhill Oct 10th, 2004 01:59 PM

Garage parking in Paris is a rarity--much better to turn in your car and use public transportation.

ira Oct 10th, 2004 02:13 PM

Hi jl,

Are you really planning on having a car in Paris?

lilliancroft Oct 10th, 2004 02:17 PM

There a nice hotel called the Hotel Verneuil, which has its own website thru Google. There is a public garage, Montalambert, two blocks away on the Rue du Bac. The Hotel is on a street by the same name, is nicely decorated and run by a mosy elegant French woman!

francophile03 Oct 10th, 2004 07:42 PM

The Verneuil is my favorite hotel. It is indeed run by an elegant Parisienne named Mme. de Lattre. But during my stay I never saw her around. She did have the staff leave on guests' pillows boxes of chocolates (it was Valentine's Day weekend) with notes written from her. Nice, thoughtful touch.

Sorry to say that I doubt the Verneuil will have availability for next week however; it's a popular hotel that sometimes is booked months in advance.

Christina Oct 10th, 2004 07:43 PM

Are you expecting parking to be included in that 120 euro? The problem is your budget for a triple room doesn't allow for those specifications--hotels near tourist sites cost more, and that budget might allow a basic 2* triple room in a central area, but not a great one, and not with parking. There are quite a few public garages in Paris, however, so odds are a central hotel will be somewhere near one (there's a big one under the Louvre, I believe).

This is a busy time in Paris for hotels, so there may not be great vacancies with such short notice at that budget.

jlbe Oct 11th, 2004 01:24 AM

thank you all for your help and info. We've come to realize that we had better plan more in advance and wait until the spring to go. Maybe Euro Disney is more suited for us with a child. That way we can 'escape' and take the train in to see sites. Thanks again!

caroline_edinburgh Oct 11th, 2004 01:41 AM

I agree that Euro Disney is probably better with a child. However, if you did want still to explore cheap hotel possibilities at short notice...

Just last week I booked a hotel for two weeks from now. Quite I few I tried were full but the Hotel Saint-Jacques, although full itself, offered me cheap rooms at a couple of hotels also on the rue des Ecoles(and presumably under the same management). Don't know about any parking, though. Perhaps you could park on the outskirts & get a train in ?

1) Royal Cardinal Hotel, E86.
www.hotel-royal-cardinal.com

2) Claude Bernard Hotel, E128.
www.parisplanet.com/claudebernard/index.htm

Both for a double, per night, excluding breakfast & taxes.

See folks, you don't have to book stuff a year in advance !

lotje Oct 11th, 2004 01:56 AM

hello, just last week i booked a hotel in little regina;
http://paris-hotel-little-regina.com/index-fr.html.
they got a good comment from frommers, it is within your price range and there is parking in the neighbourhood as well as easy connections to disney.

Gretchen Oct 11th, 2004 03:36 AM

Yes, plan further ahead, particularly up to the middle of October, which is very busy with business shows. No, do not plan to have a car in Paris. Yes, do plan to go to Disney, If you must, but still stay IN Paris and train to it for the day. Your hotel "budget" is possible but will require some search. The Muguet has at least one triple room as does the Famille, both excellent hotels and reasonable.