Reload this Page >

Help find Paris neighborhood

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Laura

I'm trying to find the name of a Paris neighborhood I visited years ago and really liked. It was near the metro stop for the opera, I think. It had little shops and covered sidewalks, and a little park. I think someone said Catherine Deneuve lived there. I'm going back in May, and I'd love to see it again! Any ideas?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Christina

i'm not sure what you are thinking of as several things you are saying could pertain to several neighborhoods. I suspect you mean either the Palais Royal or the Place des Vosges for the shops and covered parts, the latter is around a nice large park, not small. However, I don't think Ms Deneuve lives near either or ever has, I think she has lived in the 7th (near place St Sulpice) and in the 16th, maybe (or maybe I'm thinking of her hairdresser is there). She also has a home in Normandy. Perhaps you mean place St-Sulpice, there is a park not too far away (rue de Bac), not sure you'd call what's around that place a park -- do you remember a huge church? If so, that's it. But I suspect it's not as it's nowhere near the Opera, which is on the Right Bank, not Left.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 10:43 AM
elaine

Laura<BR>I agree with Christina.<BR>When you said a little park and covered sidewalks, I pictured shops under the arcades surrounding a small park. One would be at Palais Royal<BR>(right bank, walking distance to the Opera Garnier but not right next door)or else Place des Vosges, also right bank but in the 4th (walking distance to Bastille Opera but not right next door)<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Christina

you should stop asking this question (I notice you just posted it again after 10 min) as you will splinter results and cause confusion

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Christina

oh, excuse me if you didn't do that but if Fodors re-generated it after 10 minutes--I've never seen that but maybe there's a first as someone recently complained about duplicate messages (not immediate, I gather). I know sometimes people think their message is lost or can't find it and repost it and it can not be as good for those trying to respond.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 10:53 PM
x

please tell me where Catherine Deneuve lives when you find out.