help figuring out how to go from BLQ to downtown Bologna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since our trip will be in a little over 3 weeks, I thought it's time for me to study maps, figure out how to get around, etc.

I managed to find the Bologna transit center and downloaded their transit map. I'm having a bit of problem because the map is in Italian, and the translate function on google does not completely translate everything.

From the transit map, it looks like I can get downtown from the airport using a bus or subway from BLQ to P. Maggiore, which is close to our hotel. Is there such a bus or train? Does anyone have any experience with the particular bus or train? If so, how often does it come, and how safe is it to take? (We will be jet-lagged and depending on whether we make a dicey connection or not, we could conceivably get to Bologna late--about 10 or 11 p.m.)

Any advice or comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lil
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 12:15 AM
RAR

Sorry this is late, but yes there is a bus. It goes from BLQ right into the downtown. You can't really see Piazza Maggiore from afar, so ask the bus driver to let you off there ("Scusi, ma potrebbe lasciarci a Piazza Maggiore?" would be the Italian for asking him to do so). Or just use English, I'm sure you can get your point across. Don't worry to much about missing the stop if the bus has other people on it, a lot of people get off there.

The trip costs 5 euro.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I needed someone to clarify that because I went to the Bologna transit site and it looked like there was a bus that went downtown from the airport. My travel book on the other hand said take a train from the airport to the train station, then transfer to a bus at the train station.

Lil
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:59 PM
RAR

As far as I know there is no train from the airport to the main station, however the Aerobus does go to the station.
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

RAR, travel book was probably wrong.

Lil
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:47 AM

If there is more than one of you, take a cab. It's only a few kilometers and the cost is between 10-15 euro, if my memory serves me correctly.