Reload this Page >

Help - Creechurch Apartments

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Kim

Looking for help in planning trip to London in June with two teenagers. Am considering the Creechurch Apartments which are located near the Aldgate tube stop. Is anyone familiar with these apartments. Am also wondering about the area near Aldate - are there many restaurants, shops, and grocery stores?<BR><BR>Thank you

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Ali

Hi Kim, I think my sister in law got put up in these apartments when she was relocated to London by her law firm. If I remember correctly, they are very nice and modern - a home away from home. I was impressed. <BR><BR>As for the area, you are not really in Aldgate per se. I would consider you to be in The City of London itself - the financial district. Although it gets quiet at night (not a bad thing in my books), it is a fascinating area to be in. There are plenty of retail/grocery/newsagents on Liverpool Street, around the corner from London's newest architectural gem: The Pickle, within walking distance of St Pauls, I could go on. I used to work in The City so know it very well. As for teenagers, I'm not sure they will be enamoured unless you let them loose in the pubs!! Having said that, like in any city, you are never far from the action so if you are looking for a nice place to 'regroup' at the end of busy day touring, I think Creechurch is a good choice

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Patrick

Looks like Ali had some trouble posting, but if you're coming back here, please tell me:<BR>What's The Pickle???<BR><BR>Sorry, I have nothing to offer to help you, Kim, except I wouldn't worry about the area at all. Sorry to &quot;hijack&quot; your thread.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:27 AM
xxx

I saw the &quot;Pickle&quot; when I was in London this past Autumn. It is a new building under construction, a sort of thick column with a rounded top. <BR>The Londoner with whom I was walking told me what the building is going to house, but for the life of me I cannot recall what!<BR>My friend also said that the locals had a rather more rude name for the construction.. ummmm, 'the erect gerkin&quot;.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:15 AM
ron

Patrick, you can see a nice picture of the pickle/gherkin at http://ukbuildings.topcities.com/cit.../City/swissre/