Reload this Page >

help! cheap hotel in paris!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 03:52 PM
fernanda

hello everybody!<BR>i´m going to paris next week and i searched a lot of internet sites and couldn´t find a cheap hotel (under U$50, is it possible?).<BR>Anyone knows a cheap hotel in Paris? <BR>Thanks a lot! fernanda

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Under $50 is a tall order in just about any area that many of us would feel comfortable sending you to. You're getting into the hostel price range. In the $70-$80 range, you would begin to have some choices in hotels. Have you checked some of the Ibis properties for possibilities?

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:08 PM
carol

It may be too late (but you never know), try the Hotel Leveque in the 7th - their single rooms are a little more than $50.<BR><BR>Their address is:<BR>http://www.hotel-leveque.com/<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:54 PM
xxx

I have no personal experience with this but you can try www.eurocheapo.com

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:46 PM
;;;;

Good luck.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:13 PM
BTilke

If you can't find a cheap hotel in the touristy neighborhoods (i.e., Latin Quarter, Marais, rue Cler), there is one in the 16th. It's more likely to have rooms available and it's a good neighborhood, although it will be about a 15-20 minute metro ride to get to the top tourist attractions (Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, etc.). However, you're withing walking distance of the Marmottan and the Guimet museums. And there are many nice cafes, food markets around. <BR>Hotel Ribera: 66 rue la Fontaine, metro Jasmin or MichelAnge Auteuil. Phone: 33 1 42 88 29 50

Old May 29th, 2002, 05:58 AM
ggrant

Hello, I know of one that meets requirements. It is Hotel Floridor in the 14th arr. very near the great street market on rue Daguerre. It is also across the street from Metro and RER. I stayed there twice, in a triple and as a single. The single has double bed,TV, ensuite with shower, table & 2 chairs, tiny closet and tiny balcony. It has a very tiny elevator and is clean. The breakfast is served in your room and is included in the price, tea or coffee, croissant butter & jam. Telephone 33 1 43 21 35 53, Fax 33 1 43 27 65 81. It was easy to eat cheap with the market nearby and many restaurants close by. It is convenient to get to attractions from there with metro close by. I really enjoyed sitting at outdoor cafe drinking wine in the eve. on the rue Daguerre and watching all the locals going by getting their afterwork shopping done. It is not in tourist and most will be locals. It is a good value for the money. I felt safe there, however use good judgement and take the usual precautions. I looked it up on google to get the number for you so you can search there for more info.

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:02 AM
ggrant

I forgot the address Hotel Floridor, 23 place Denfert Rochereau, 75014. It is across street from Denfert Rochereau metro station and RER B.

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:17 AM
ggrant

Can't get it together. The address is 28 place Denfert Rochereau not 23 for Hotel Floridor. Happy travels.

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:32 AM
r

try hotel castex. its 2 blocks from bastille metro in the marais region, 2nd. in april the rate was $57 for a double, hotel staff speaks good english and is helpful, not the best of mattresses though, but excellent value for money overall.