My husband and I decided when we got married that we would go to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead we are going for our 9th anniversary this July (just works better for us). We need your HELP. First we may opt to do a tour with a company (I know cheesy but to see as much as we want it may be nicer to have all our hotels and transportation planned out for us) or we may get a rail pass and just go for it. We have 16 days including flight time- so 14 travel days. The tour company itinerary: London (2 nights), Amsterdam (3 nights), Paris (2 nights), Lucerne Switzerland (2 nights), French Rivera (2 nights), Barcelona (2 nights) Depart from Barcelona. I know the general creed is: stay longer in each city. But it's our first trip to Europe (who knows if there'll be another one?) so I would really like to see all the places I dreamed about in one shot. Putting all our eggs in one trip basket. If we do our own it will be London (3 nights), Belgium ( 1 night) , Amsterdam (2 nights), German Rhine River Valley ( 1 night) , Austria ( 1 night), Venice (1 night), Switzerland ( 2 night) to Paris ( 3 nights). If we go for it on our own we are debating the rail pass...its about $625 per person for 15 days and from what I researched a car rental including gas might be a bit cheaper but I'm not a huge road trip person. I like the idea that my hubby won't have to stress about driving in unfamiliar areas if we travel by rail and we can sleep/nap if we want. The one draw back is that we are limited in that we will have to stay in city centers, lug our luggage and won't be able to get to outlying sights and drive a short distance where hotels are cheaper. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON vidya renewal Installation CONTACT ? 1800 6817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Christmas week in Ireland
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 16 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 17 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 18 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 19 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 20 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 23 Moscow Hotels
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Packing Champagne
Help: Car or train to tour multiple countries? Organized tour or DIY