Help! Can't figure out lodging in Cote D'Azur

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I want to spend 3 days at the end of our trip in Provence on the coast somewhere. We will be there the first week of May. We had first thought Villefranche but decided against it because I heard it was quite steep and I have very bad knees. So we settled on Antibes but I am really struggling with the lodging choices. We were hoping for something on the water. It seems all the hotels on the water are on Cap d' Antibes. Most of them seem to be in Juan-las pins. Which to me lacks all of the charm of Antibes. We will have a car but I would prefer to be in short walking distance to the Old Town. Am I missing something? Should I just give up being on the water and just stay in Oldtown? Our max budget is 300.00 a night. We fly out of Nice when we leave so we need to be within a hour of there. I'm open to any suggestion!
Thanks!
Linda
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 09:13 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the Rue Sade B&B in Antibes last year. It's in the old town and you can walk to a beach in 10 minutes. It's also spitting distance from the market, the Picasso museum, a car park, etc. Excellent location. A double runs 160 euro.

I took a cab to the Nice airport and it only took 30 minutes.
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 09:20 AM

I've been to Antibes and it is mainly a port around the water, lots of pleasure boats docked there. Now I just visited for a day trip from Marseille but took the train, and did walk around Old Town from the train station.

There are NOT very many hotels right on the shore in Antibes.

The Royal Antibes is the only one I can think of, there are a couple around the train station but that's a very busy port area and they are nothing special. The Royal Antibes isn't cheap but you can check rates.
http://www.hotelroyal-antibes.com/en/

It's about 800 m from there to the Old Town centrla section such as where Hotel La Place is located. Hotel La Place isn't on the water but is in the Old Town area http://www.la-place-hotel.com/en/
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Do you all agree we should stay in Antibes instead of Jaquan-les pins? We looked at Hotel Belles Rives again felt it was too far from Antibes. Hotel Royal doesn't seem to appealing and it has some really bad reviews. Hotel La Place looks nice if I give up on being to wake up and look at water. ;-(. Oh goodness...I am normally a pretty good travel planner but I am coming up empty here!
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 10:23 AM

Juan-les-Pins is a lively town, especially during the summer. Lots of partying. For something quieter, and on the water, look at the peninsula of St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. There are number of hotels in various price ranges, some close to the water.