HELP! Can't find fall ferry schedules to Hvar and Korcula

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently planning a trip to Croatia in October. Every ferry schedule I come up with is for summer and I believe it is much different for the fall. Does anyone know how I can obtain this information?

Also, do you need a car in Hvar and Korcula or is it better to leave it parked on the mainland?

Thank you for any and all help.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM

You won't need a car in Hvar or Korcula, they are both easy walking towns.

The ferry service for the Dalmatian coast is
http://www.jadrolinija.hr/

Dobrodosli
An American in Dubrovnik
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for trying to help but I am still getting "No results for search period" (October 1 - 13). Maybe they really don't know yet. I was trying Split to Hvar - maybe that is not where you catch the ferry to Hvar. I will continue to research unless anyone else has more information.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM

you might try emailing Jadrolinija directly - they've answered my emails usually within a couple days.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 12:23 PM

We ferried from Split to Hvar (with a car) in April and there were at least two ferries daily then. Seems like October might be similar.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Try going to the Jadrolinija site and putting in Split to Stari Grad (Hvar). You will find schedules for October.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Digbydog, you were right, I put in Stari Grad and the schedule popped up. It looks like the ferry runs every three to four days - but I don't have that much time to spend in one place. I am hoping Judy is right about the twice a day run, but I didn't see it on the schedule. I will email as Carta-Pisana suggested.
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM

We're doing Hvar to Korcula ourselves on the 19th of September and from past experience of schedule researching, I can tell you that they are very mercurial about posting that information. Sometimes it isn't out until about 1 month before you want to travel. And of course the ferries are generally very seasonal and not to put a damper on anything, but the end of September seems to be the cut-off for the more liberal sailing schedules. Still, you WILL find the information.

There's another website also -- devoted entirely to Croatia with a decent following [let me find....]
http://croatiatraveller.com/
The administrator claims to have a full and comprehensive schedule of all ferries, now (for a small fee). Much info can be had on that website. Best of luck and enjoy! I'll try to leave enough of Hvar and Korcula unsullied for your visit a month later! haha ;-)