Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Help! B&B recommendations In Copenhagen (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-b-and-b-recommendations-in-copenhagen-745832/)

babygurl06 Oct 31st, 2007 09:34 AM

Help! B&B recommendations In Copenhagen

I've been trying to book hotels in Copenhagen end of Nov and they are all full!!!(those within my budget)-may have to resort to a B&B..any recommendations?? Thanks.

Odin Nov 1st, 2007 12:37 AM

I can only suggest the same thing as I suggested in your other post, Danhostel in central Copenhagen, assuming that the budget requirements are for budget accommodation.

babygurl06 Nov 2nd, 2007 12:08 PM

Thank you very much everyone-we managed to book at the Hotel 27 at a great rate-hopefully it will work out!

WillTravel Nov 2nd, 2007 12:24 PM

I haven't been there since before it was renovated, but the location of Hotel 27 is perfect!

babygurl06 Nov 2nd, 2007 04:11 PM

Great! thanks...we look forward to our stay. It was quite stressful trying to find 'room in the inn'..it seems to be a very busy time out there this time of year.
I'll post our review upon our return. Ceers!

babygurl06 Nov 2nd, 2007 04:27 PM

Willtravel....just curious, we plan to do alot of walking to the sites, shopping etc...is Hotel 27 fairly central for all that?..and the area pretty safe at night?-thanks.

WillTravel Nov 2nd, 2007 04:31 PM

Yes, Hotel 27 is very central for major sights and shopping. Central Copenhagen is not very large and is very walkable.

I do recommend taking a daytrip pr two by train if you have more than 2 or 3 days. I always felt safe at night in the area, but I was there in July (in 2003) so it was still light late at night. But from everything I've heard, Copenhagen is a very safe city.

babygurl06 Nov 2nd, 2007 04:39 PM

We're actually there for a week on business end of Nov. but 2 of those days are ones we tacked on as our own time for some sightseeing after-our first stay will be at the Hilton Copenhagen by the airport and we didn't really want to have to commute via train or cab to the main sights in the city, so we wanted to book at a more central location.
What do you recommend as daytrips, maybe worth considering?

Odin Nov 2nd, 2007 04:52 PM

It's hardly a commute from the airport to central Copenhagen. The location of the hotel is central but not very quiet at night although at this time of the year it might not be problem.

A popular daytrip is Helsingoer, trains run from Central station (and from the airport, right the way up the coast towards Sweden). With 2 days, there is more than enough to see in Copenhagen.

WillTravel Nov 2nd, 2007 05:03 PM

On that particular short street, I never noticed any night noise.

Odin Nov 2nd, 2007 05:18 PM

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor.

Nikki Nov 2nd, 2007 05:18 PM

Good day trips from Copenhagen include Roskilde for the Viking Museum and Hillerod for the beautiful Frederiksborg Palace.