Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   help (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-713597/)

lesanne Jun 16th, 2007 07:01 AM

help

My daughter and I are leaving for Ireland in 10 days and I have spent days researching the trip. I need help! Can we drive from Doolin to Dingle in one day? Has anyone stayed at Kinitty Castle? Should we stay near the Dublin airport on our last night for a 11:00 flight out the next day?

Debs Jun 16th, 2007 07:25 AM

lesanne-this forum is all about offering help - but would suggest you repost with a more informative subject line-something having to do with Ireland-bound to get more responses that way. Good luck!

CAPH52 Jun 16th, 2007 07:38 AM

Considering that you'll need to be at the airport at least two hours before your flight, yes, it's probably a good idea to stay nearby.

I have no idea what type of lodging you prefer. But my daughter and I stayed at a B&B in Drumcondra the night before my flight out. We took a cab to the airport. It worked out very well for us.

The B&B where we stayed was called Willow House. www.willowhousedublin.com. We were very happy with it. But there are lots of others nearby.

Wherever you decide to stay, I suggest that you make a reservation soon.

janisj Jun 16th, 2007 09:56 AM

CAPH has given you some good info - but i definitely agree that you follow Debs advice to re-post w/ a better title. All threads are lumped together under "Europe" so youe "help" could be asking anything about anywhere in Europe.

Even just "help - Ireland" would be better. But you have very specific questions so I'd try something like "Ireland questions. Driving Doolin to Dingle? Kinitty Castle? and more"

lesanne Jun 16th, 2007 06:09 PM

Since I have never used the forum before, I so appreciate your advice about reposting. Thank you!

chatham Jun 16th, 2007 09:31 PM

lesanne,

We stayed in Lisdoonvarna which isn't too far from Doolin ,we waited about 30 minutes for the ferry and it took us I'd say four hours. Maybe a little more. It was a very nice drive, just a little slow when we got to Tralee.

Good Luck, Joan

NEDSIRELAND Jun 17th, 2007 12:25 AM

I've taken an AirLink (757?) Bus to Dublin airport several times: runs about every half hour from near O'Connell & Abbey Streets. The first service is at 5:15 AM and takes about 30min.

SiobhanP Jun 18th, 2007 12:59 AM

I have not stayed at Kinitty Castle but went to a wedding there. Its a lovely place I would try it.

Lawchick Jun 18th, 2007 02:26 AM

I have stayed in Kinnity Castle. Make sure you get a room in the "old part" (State or Baronial rooms). I had a very nice enormous four poster bed.

It is not necessary to stay near the airport for an 11.00 am flight. Just get up a little bit earlier if you are staying in the city. If you do want to stay outside the city I would suggest Howth where there are a few good restaurants for your last night.

Lawchick Jun 18th, 2007 02:30 AM

By the way, I should state that Kinnity is not the greatest castle stay in Ireland. If money is not a big hurdle I would spend it in Dromoland rather than Kinnity.