Reload this Page >

Heathrow Tube shutdown in June, July

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 10:54 PM
Nigel Doran

On certain Sundays there will be no Tube stopping at Heathrow. There will be a bus from/to there from a station a little further down the line. This will add up to 30+ mins. to the journey. <BR>This from www.transportforlondon.gov.uk : <BR> <BR>Express coaches replace trains between Northfields and Heathrow on Sundays: <BR>27 May, 10 & 24 June, 1 & 22 July <BR> <BR>The Express Train to Paddington from H'row is not affected.

Old May 30th, 2001, 02:37 AM
s.fowler

Bless you Nigel! We will "thread the needle" once again --- our Sunday exit is the 17th, but your information is the kind of thing that makes this forum special -- we really DO look out for wach other <BR

Old May 30th, 2001, 04:33 AM
AnnaC

Also, don't forget there are two tube strikes planned for next week: June 4th and 6th. Judging by recent tube strikes, these may well start around 8pm the previous evening, thus affecting travel also on the 3rd and 5th. There is a possibility that they will be called off, but it's best to work on the assumption that they will happen. <BR> <BR>Heathrow Express and all other "overground" rail services are unaffected by this.

Old May 30th, 2001, 05:16 AM
sally

hello! I will be arriving at Heathrow around noon on July 1. As this is my first solo trip overseas and my first time at Heathrow, I am now beginning to worry. I'm staying with a friend of a friend and am supposed to make my way to Holborn station. Will this shutdown affect me? Thanks so much!

Old May 30th, 2001, 05:27 AM
s.fowler

If you go to the site that Nigel posted and click on the picadilly line link in the upper right there is a full explanation. They will bus you to Hammersmith and from there you can take the tube to Holborn. They state that there will be signs to the buses and people to help you at both Heathrow and Hammersmith. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip. London is a magnificent city!

Old May 31st, 2001, 08:57 AM
Nigel Doran

Heathrow Express is allowing four adults or more to travel at half price on the days of restricted Tube service. <BR>Look at their website for more details. <BR> <BR>