Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Heathrow to Marriott (Regents Park) (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/heathrow-to-marriott-regents-park-44895/)

Alan May 21st, 1999 03:25 PM

Heathrow to Marriott (Regents Park)

My wife and I are arriving at Heathrow at 8:10PM on May 27th and want to get easily, but cost effectively, to the Marriott Regents Park. Is the Tube recommended at that late hour or has anyone used the Airbus service. We would appreciate suggestions as this is the one loose end left on our trip. Thanks.

Janna May 21st, 1999 08:45 PM

I think the Tube is by far the quickest and easiest way around London--I am a woman who travels alone and I don't hesitate to use it even fairly late into the evening. Be advised that Regent's Park does require at least one change; you'd take the Piccadilly line (the one you take from Heathrow anyway)to Picadilly Circus and change to the Bakerloo line. Then it's only two stops to Regent's Park. I've never done the Airbus--it would be more expensive, and I'm not sure if any more convenient--you'd still have to use some other means once you got to central London. Anyway, good luck. (I'm looking at a Tube map as I write this, so if you want any more info, you can e-mail me directly. I just returned from London on Wednesday.

Ben Haines May 22nd, 1999 12:13 AM

<BR>I do wish Marriot hotels wouldn't mislead their clients. The "Regents Park Marriot" is at Swiss Cottage, and a mile from the park. The addrss is 128 King Henry's Road NW3, and the phone is 0171 722 7711. Now, to get there. <BR> <BR>If luggage is a bearable weight then the Picadilly line from Heathrow to Green Park, then change to the Jubilee Line and go up to Swiss Cottage. 8, 9 and 10 pm are not late hours for the tube, who cease to run about 11.30 or midnight. <BR> <BR>Longer, but each change is just across a platform, so easy with luggage: Heathrow, cross to District Line at Hmmersmith, cross to Circle Line at South Kensington, cross to Metropolitan Line at Baker Street, arrive Finchley Road, taxi half a mile to the hotel. <BR> <BR>The Airbus to Kings Coss is easy as to luggage, but of course slower than tube. Heathrow. Ask the driver to drop you at Notting Hill Gate. There you find the right stop for bus number 31 headed for Camden Town, and ask the driver of that bus to drop you at the first stop after Swiss Cottage on Adelaide Road. King Henry's Road lies parallel to Adelaide Road, and you'll be 100 yards or so from the hotel. <BR> <BR>Please write if can help further. Welcome to London. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR> <BR>

Ben Haines May 22nd, 1999 12:14 AM

<BR>I do wish Marriot hotels wouldn't mislead their clients. The "Regents Park Marriot" is at Swiss Cottage, and a mile from the park. The addrss is 128 King Henry's Road NW3, and the phone is 0171 722 7711. Now, to get there. <BR> <BR>If luggage is a bearable weight then the Picadilly line from Heathrow to Green Park, then change to the Jubilee Line and go up to Swiss Cottage. 8, 9 and 10 pm are not late hours for the tube, who cease to run about 11.30 or midnight. <BR> <BR>Longer, but each change is just across a platform, so easy with luggage: Heathrow, cross to District Line at Hmmersmith, cross to Circle Line at South Kensington, cross to Metropolitan Line at Baker Street, arrive Finchley Road, taxi half a mile to the hotel. <BR> <BR>The Airbus to Kings Coss is easy as to luggage, but of course slower than tube. Heathrow. Ask the driver to drop you at Notting Hill Gate. There you find the right stop for bus number 31 headed for Camden Town, and ask the driver of that bus to drop you at the first stop after Swiss Cottage on Adelaide Road. King Henry's Road lies parallel to Adelaide Road, and you'll be 100 yards or so from the hotel. <BR> <BR>Please write if can help further. Welcome to London. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR> <BR>

Ben Haines May 22nd, 1999 12:41 AM

<BR>I do wish Marriot hotels wouldn't mislead their clients. The "Regents Park Marriot" is at Swiss Cottage, nd a mile from the park. The addrss is 128 King Henry's Road NW3, nd the phone is 0171 722 7711. Now, to get there. <BR> <BR>If luggage is a bearable weight then the Picadilly line from Heathrow to Green Park, then change to the Jubilee Line and go up to Swiss Cottage. 8, 9 and 10 pm are not late hours for the tube, who cease to run about 11.30 or midnight. <BR> <BR>Longer, but each change is just across a platform, so easy with kuggage: Heathrow, cross to District Line at Hmmersmith, cross to Circle Line at South Kensington, cross to Metropolitan Line at Baker Street, arrive Finchley Road, taxi half a mile to the hotel. <BR> <BR>The Airbus to Kings Coss is easy as to luggage, but of course slower than tube. Heathrow. Ask the driver to drop you at Notting Hill Gate. There you find the right stop for bus number 31 headed for Camden Town, and ask he dtiver of that bus to drop you at the first stop after Swiss Cottage on Adelaide Road. King Henry's Road lies parallel to Adelaide Road, and you'll be 100 yards or so from the hotel. <BR> <BR>Please write if can help further. Welcome o London. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR> <BR>

Zvi Schnabel May 22nd, 1999 01:35 AM

The Airbus is a good solution but it will not take you to Swiss Cottage. Its final stop is Victoria Station. <BR>Another good way to get into London from the airport is the new express train, until Paddington Station. <BR>In both cases you must take a taxi to <BR>the hotel. Do not go by the Undergroud with luggage! (Only if you are very young and strong).Changing trains, leaving the stations etc. means a lot of walking, steps up and down.

susie May 22nd, 1999 07:47 AM

I would recomend a minicab which you order ahead of time. A site to check out is &lt;www.proteus.demon.co.

Dave May 25th, 1999 10:39 AM

Hope you read this before you leave...TAKE THE HEATHROW EXPRESS! Gets you from airport to downtown in 15 minutes. Then take a taxi from Paddington station (use "real" London cabs only) <BR> <BR>The tube has no room for luggage. The Airbus, or a minitaxi from Heathrow takes is a long ride (although you will avoid the rush hour arriving at 8 p.m.)