Notices

Heard of these hotels in Interlaken,SW?

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Tom

Heard of these hotels in Interlaken,SW?

I'm looking for a modest,clean hotel in the Interlaken area. I ran across two that sounded interesting and they both have balconies (wife loves those): Swiss Hotel/Apartments Inn and Hotel Post-Hardermannli. If you have any knowledge of these, I'd appreciate it or if you have other recommendations. We need a place for 4 or 5 nights and "2-3 starish" will be fine.
Tom

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Ed

Don't know either facility. The area is our favorite in Europe, but we much prefer to stay up in the mountains where the setting and views are spectacular. Our favorite village is Mürren. Quite few 2- and 3-star choices there including the Alpina, Eiger Guesthouse and the Blumental. Details at www.twenj.com/swisshtlbo.htm

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:16 AM
Russell Wayne

Try the Hotel Stella in Interlaken. They have their own website. Nice hotel and good restaurant. Don't remember if they have balconies, but I'm sure they'll let you know pronto. If you're planning to stay put and want a spectacular view, go to Murren instead of Interlaken. Once there, you may never leave your balcony. The Eiger's the top place there.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:07 AM
ricahrd j vicek

Good morning, Tom
the POST HARDERMANNLI <Hauptstrasse 18 is a two star hotel located just about
a block south of the Interlaken West
railroad station, just across the AARE
river, does have balconys, check into <www.swisshotels.ch> for photo and additional information... Can not help
you with the Swiss Hotel/Apts...
Might look into the hotel ALPENBLICK
in Murren, my nephew was impressed with
the hotel and its accomodations, located
about five mins. walk from the Murren
Bergbahn station...
Richard of LaGrange Park, Il.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Diane Moll

Tom, we stayed at the Hotel Swiss-Inn in Interlaken (three star) about 6 years ago and found it to be very pleasant. It is located in a residential neighborhood and only a 10 minute walk to the city centre. Their web address is www.swiss-inn.ch/. We actually rented an apartment that had an upstairs loft/bedroom, and a nice kitchen with very large balcony and wonderful view. Something else that may interest you is this hotel participates in the Smartroom program, which I just recently learned about. It includes a small car that is right at the hotel and includes all insurance, etc. The cost is approx. $121 per day for two people, it may cost a little more if you opt for the apartment, but it still is a wonderful way to get around the area. Train connections are also very good from Interlaken. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any further questions.