Health club gymnasium in Venice Italy?

Jan 13th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Health club gymnasium in Venice Italy?

I posted this q 3 years ago before I went to Venice and couldn't get an answer.

I'm going to Venice again this May: does anyone know if there is any stand-alone gymnasium/health club in Venice?

Some hotels have tiny work-out areas, but you have to be a guest and the equipments are usually minimal.

People may say "all the shopping/walking is good enough for you etc.". For someone who does weight training regularly I usually feel terrible if missing the regular workout - it's not guilt - the muscles get really sore when NOT being exercised.
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:14 AM

Yeah, doing 12" beer curls doesn't cut it sometimes.

I thought about the same thing on the last trip, but ended up ramping up my pre-trip workouts and entering into a "rest stage" during my vacation. When I got back I was sore but was able to lift more than ever.
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM

Try this web site:

http://194.243.104.176/website/vetour_eng/viewer.htm

It should take you to the Giaquinto Sports Center, Calle S. Bigaio 2132, Venice.

Venice has several indoor pools also.

If you can't access the Giaquinto Sports Center through this link, let me know, and I will give you the step-by-step links.
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kane!

I could get to the map interactive site - go to sporting venues, and find Giaquinto; but the Giaquinto website does not work and kicks me back to the map website. I should however be able to find the place with a map, although my experience in venice is that it is really difficult to find things.

Thanks!
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:38 AM

If you don't find what you're looking for, why not ask at your hotel front desk for something in the neighborhood, try to find where locals work-out? That's always fun.
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Johnmango,

I tried to enlarge the map so that I could see a street name or a reference to a section. All I was able to see was "Calle" and at the bottom of the map, "??? San P...." It didn't look like San Polo though.

I couldn't move the map around, i.e. north, south, east, west. Sorry.

Maybe someone else can give you more information on this facility.
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:34 PM

I have no information on the facility, but it is located just off the Riva Ca di Dio (Arsenale vaporetto stop).

So, tell me, Johnmango, did you identify precisely which one of the palazzi on the Grand Canal was the Ca Belloni-Battagia before the San Stae vaporetto stop?
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Hello Kane:

As Eloise said, Riva S. Biagio and Campo S. Biagioare just one "block" next to the Riva di Ca' di Dio by the Arsenale stop, in Castello district, which is "a due pasi" from my rental apartment. But I cannot locate Calle S. Biagio either. I hope that it would be by the Riva and Campo S. Biagio.

Eloise:
Long time no talk! I went to Venice for the frist time in Oct 2003 and it was magical! that's why I want to go back this May.

I could not find Ca Belloni-Battagia and had totally forgotten about it. But I took a lot of pictures of palazzi and have compiled a file on the palazzi lining the left and right banks of the Grand Canal. So now I can names many of the palazzi lining the canal, as I take the vaporetto from the Stazione Ferroviaria S. Lucia all the way toGiadini Garibaldi! It was a fun project and I will continue with this trip!