Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Haven't received a confirmation for shuttle service... should I be worried? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/havent-received-a-confirmation-for-shuttle-service-should-i-be-worried-643193/)

jbjayhawk Aug 30th, 2006 05:45 PM

Haven't received a confirmation for shuttle service... should I be worried?

We booked online with Golden Air shuttle service for transport from CDG to the 7th arr. on Sept. 14. We did not receive a confirmation, so I emailed them directly but that was 2 days ago and still haven't heard from them.

Should I be concerned? We will have a Plan B, but still .... we had to use our credit card to reserve.

Neopolitan Aug 30th, 2006 05:52 PM

If you don't get a response soon, I'd send them another email (with a request for notification when they open your email) cancelling it. Then I'd call your credit card company to tell them not to accept a charge from that company. Keep a copy of your cancellation email.

There are too many other ways to get from CDG to the 7th without dealing with companies that don't offere good service.

Nina66 Aug 30th, 2006 06:47 PM

Neopolitan is right. You have too many othr things on your mind right now. Follow his instructions and contact another company on line - Paris Airport Shuttle, Blue Van, Bee etc...

I've made online reservations numerous times and never have I been asked to pay in advance or been required to give my credit card number when making a reservation.

I'd give them one more day - and then I'd go with some else. Actually because I am such an oppsessive-compulsive worry wort with a quick temper, that I'd cancel them NOW. You're giving them two weeks notices, so they cannot claim that there was a problem with a last minute cancellation.

I wouldn't bother explaining the reason, just tell them that your plans have changed, PERIOD. and that you have notified your credit card company not to accept any charges from them. Who knows - they may already have put it through.

Enjoy your trip.

Nina

ira Aug 31st, 2006 05:23 AM

Hi Jb,

I agree. Cancel.

See www.beeshuttle.com
www.parishuttle.com
www.paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr/index_en.php

((I))

Neopolitan Aug 31st, 2006 07:25 AM

I also failed to mention that I don't understand that "pay in advance" idea for a shuttle, either. I don't think I've ever prepaid a shuttle service. If they don't show up at the appointed time, how long do you need to wait before deciding to go through the ordeal of contesting the charge and just grabbing a taxi. It seems to me there are plenty of legitimate companies that will reserve but let you pay at the time of the service -- a much better deal.

jbjayhawk Aug 31st, 2006 03:20 PM

Thanks for the advice! My husband just informed me that we did get a confirmation (he's been out of town for a few days). But I hadn't thought about prepaying, then what if they don't show up, etc. We booked them based on a recommendation from Rick Steves Paris guidebook (I know, I know, I'll get flamed for that). Live and learn!

Nina66 Aug 31st, 2006 11:27 PM

If you are still uncomfortable with the prepayment, cancel them now and book with someone else.

Otherwise, do a I say and not as I do .... relax and concentrate on the details here that you have control of - like finding more places to see/eat/shop, etc. and of course packing.

Enjoy your trip and post a trip report when you return. Golden Air be there as scheduled, and we will have a new shuttle company to add to the list.

Nina

Ann1 Sep 1st, 2006 02:57 AM

We just returned from Paris's 7th arr. We priced all of the shuttle services for 3 people and believe it or not, taking a taxi to and from CDG was cheaper than any of the shuttles. Taking a shuttle, you have to call when you get to the airport. We just jumped in a taxi and we were off and running. I might add.... make sure you go to the taxi stand for Paris taxi.