Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Have you stayed at these Rome apartments? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/have-you-stayed-at-these-rome-apartments-599800/)

guanciale Mar 16th, 2006 12:48 PM

Have you stayed at these Rome apartments?

Hi...I'm hoping one of you experts has stayed in one of these cenral Rome apartments, and can advise on them for our family of four. I've learned they are available, but not so sure about them. the "Eustachio" is right be Pantheon...looks okay, but small bed. The "Montevecchio bis" near P. Navona looks nice, but with very small sleeper sofa. The "Rondanini" near Pantheon looks nice. Any comments helpful...am really hoping to have a/c for June, a bit of a view, and decent beds. Thanks!

Neopolitan Mar 16th, 2006 01:33 PM

If you're talking about sleepinitaly apartments, you won't be able to rent the Rondanini apartment for the first full week of June. I already have. I'll be reporting on it afterwards, but I realize that won't help you.

btewalt Mar 16th, 2006 01:55 PM

I don't know about those, but have you looked at www.palazzo-olivia.it?

guanciale Mar 16th, 2006 04:06 PM

Thanks to you both! Neopolitan, no we are looking later in June. It does look nice! Curious, will you have four people as well? "Btewalt," I did check out "olivia" and I believe I dismissed them, though they looked great, because they did not have a/c. (Have heard it can be very hot in June!)

btewalt Mar 16th, 2006 05:12 PM

Good point about the a/c. I always forget about that because I was there in March, and it definately wasn't an issue. Good luck on your search!

nessundorma Mar 16th, 2006 05:39 PM

Have you checked to see if there are any reviews of these apartments on Slow Travel?

Neopolitan Mar 16th, 2006 07:47 PM

By the way, we HAVE stayed at Palazzo Olivia as well -- also in June. We liked it a lot. The lack of air was pretty minor even though it was a very HOT week. The building is very old and has amazingly thick walls (they are not allowed to put regular AC into the building due to its "historic" significance. In fact when you entered the building into the lower hallway, we could swear there was AC as it was THAT cool.
The only reason we aren't staying there this year is their prices went up pretty drastically from two years ago. The Rondanini apartment looks much nicer, HAS AC, and is a whole lot cheaper.

There will just be two of us, by the way, not four.

halfapair Nov 13th, 2007 09:06 AM

We are also booking the Montevecchio bis apartment through Sleep in Italy, but for the week of 04 January 2008-11 January.

If anyone has any comments about the apartment we would like to hear them.

Originally, we had planned to stay at the Via Sora apartment, but have read a few postings about the noise level of the apartment, so we asked Sleep in Italy if we could change to the Montevecchio bis apartment.