Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Have you heard of either of these hotels in Seville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
judith

These are two "budget" hotels in Seville that we're considering for 3-4 nights. They are Hotel Alcantara or Hotel Simon. Can you give me any feedback on either of these places?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:37 AM
Phyllis Stein

I've seen the Hotel Simon -- I went to see what it was like (while staying elsewhere in Seville) for future reference. It's in a great location and very atmospheric. I hope to stay there on my next visit.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:14 PM
jenna

a friend of mine stayed at the Hotel Simon and tells me it was disgusting. There were mice in her room! Yuck!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:39 AM
Paige

We stayed at the Hotel Simon and liked it. It was clean, we saw no mice and I really liked the lobby.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:03 AM
judith

Yikes! Is this true about the mice?? When did your friends stay there Jenna? Anyone else stay there? What about Hotel Alcantara or an alternative niceley located budget hotel under 100 Euros.?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:12 AM
ohno

I'm booked into Hotel Simon this summer...and now I am really concerned. I sure dont want to share my room with mice or other critters! Please can someone share their experiences here..was Jennas friends experience a fluke? Help please!!!!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:52 AM
GGinSF

I stayed at the Simon in 2000. It was clean (no mice, no bugs) and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself wasn't very big, the furniture was a little old, so it wasn't the most stylish hotel around. The bathroom was clean and modern. The price was great and so is the location, so I was very happy with my choice.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:48 AM
xxx

when in Spain try the AC Hoteles. ACHOTELES.COM. Great chain and not expensive (about 75 euro)

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:16 PM
Nick

I haven't heard of Hotel Simon--but Alcantara is supposed to be simple and clean. It just opened a few months ago, and was recommended by the innkeeper of Palacio Marques de la Gomera in Osuna.