Have you hear of this hotel/B&B in Rome?

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Pip

Have you hear of this hotel/B&B in Rome?

Have made a tentative reservation at this B&B/Hotel in Rome. <BR> <BR>Has anyone stayed here or heard a report on it? <BR> <BR>Would appreciate some input. <BR> <BR>Cheers!

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 10:37 AM
Pip

Sorry folks! <BR> <BR>It's the DOMUS JULIA

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Carol

Hi Pip, <BR>We stayed at the Domus Julia in May this year. We loved it. We asked for their best room for my daughters 21st birthday, and got what they said was the biggest, it was the one pictured on their web site. Both the room and bathroom was huge and beautifully decorated. I think it was room number 30, on the 3rd floor. We had tv and aircon, both with remote control. Also had a safe in the room. The rooms are arranged like small apartments, you enter a comunal hall which serves 3 rooms. The hall is like a dining room with table and other furnishings. Breakfast was served next door in the main hotel, toast, rolls, bread, cheese, jams, nutella, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. The main hotel had a small lounge where you could order drinks or coffee at any time. They were very friendly and presented us with maps, etc when we arrived. It was just a short walk to the Trevi Fountain, and a short walk to the underground. We would stay here again. Good luck, hope you have a great trip : )

Old Sep 30th, 2000, 10:35 AM
elizabeth

To the top for Maria.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:58 AM
Diane

You've got my interest -- what is the price range for this place, and can where is their website? We're going to Italy in May. Had planned to concentrate on Florence/Tuscany and Venice/Verona areas, but looks like we'd be flying in and out of Rome, so may as well extend the trip to do some time in Rome.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 10:51 AM
Carol

Diane here's the url for the Domus Julia, the prices are all there. <BR>http://www.hoteljulia.it/domusjulia/b&b/index.html <BR>Don't forget to check the specials.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 03:00 PM
tinders

I don't care where you stay, just stay AWAY from a place called Albergo Pomezia. It's run by evil twins, one of whom takes great delight in throwing your breakfast roll at you, and the accomodations are, shall we say, spartan.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 11:36 AM
elizabeth

To the top for Lori

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 07:36 PM
Carol

To the top for Victor