Have 3 weeks to travel in November

Oct 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Have 3 weeks to travel in November

I have 3 weeks to travel in
Europe during the month of November. I'd like to go somewhere with moderate temperatures and was thinking of Greece. Having read a lot of information, I suspect we should rethink that idea. Now I am totally lost as to where to go. any ideas would be much appreciated.
Oct 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM

What information did you read that made you change your mind about going to Greece in November? Did you want to go to islands? Otherwise, it's a great place to go in November.

The Greeks went all over the mediterranean (and they liked moderate weather too) so if you are interested in Greek culture, you can go to Paestum, Pompei and the Amalfi coast, you can go to Sicily or Puglia, you can go to the Costa Brava near Barcelona in Spain and see Greek ruins and settlements there, eat olive oil and greek-related dishes. That might get you started.

Most of the rest of the mediterranean is not as cheap as Greece. If that is what attracted you in part, consider Portugal.
Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:58 AM

Greece would be good, a very relaxed country and very good value right now. Also Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Canaries, Algarve (Portugal) and the Azores. We tend to the last few as we find you cna get 20C through November but December can bring rain in the west.

Search this Thread