Because I'm a teacher, I'm locked into the school calendar, so timewise, summer affords me the most time to get away. Of course, I realize it also means higher prices and more people--not exactly my ideal, but don't know how to get around it.
My goal is to leave the US (Atlanta) early June and stay about 3 wks. My hope is that it might be slightly less crowded and a bit more economical than in July--the airfare deals seem to end by 6/15 if that's any indication of supply/demand...I've toyed w/visiting Portugal and Spain, Scandinavia, but am open to other ideas...Should I consider South America?? (I really haven't done any research on that...) I've been warned by several people to avoid a crowded Italy at that time of year.
I'll probably be travelling alone and am in my 30s. I think I'm pretty adventurous, love the outdoors but also like cultural pursuits like looking at architecture, going to museums and love yummy food and wine. I think I'm a pretty easy traveller...give me a great location w/good people-watching possibilities, a tasty glass of wine or beer, a sunny day and maybe a local to shoot the breeze with, and I am in my happy place.
Can you head me in the right direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 South of France
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 12 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 13 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 My France Vacation
- 16 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 17 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 18 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary