Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Has nessundorma set a record for the most posting in a short period? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/has-nessundorma-set-a-record-for-the-most-posting-in-a-short-period-599533/)

jsmith Mar 15th, 2006 04:01 PM

Has nessundorma set a record for the most posting in a short period?

his is not meant to be critical but nessundorma has posted on 401 threads since 2/22/06. Has anyone posted more in such a short period?

laclaire Mar 15th, 2006 04:05 PM

How do you get these stats?

As for a record. . . possibly. Someone once said that Ira had the most posts of anyone on the board.

suze Mar 15th, 2006 04:28 PM

Why single out this poster? Lots of people post that often. I have 349 since 2/22/06 and am FAR from the most active person on the forum.

laclaire, You'd get these stats by calling up your own, or someone elses, by clicking on their Author name. You'll see a list of all the threads they have contributed to.

maitaitom Mar 15th, 2006 04:34 PM

Coincidentally, I have 401 brackets filled out for the NCAA tournament. Must be something in numbers today.

Go UConn, North Carolina, UCLA, Kansas, San Diego State, Boston College, LSU, Texas, Villanova and everybody else I picked to win.
((H))

cigalechanta Mar 15th, 2006 04:44 PM

It's not how many but how informative posts are. Some only top their own threads and don't give the new posters a break.

Scarlett Mar 15th, 2006 04:51 PM

jsmith, I forgot, how do you find out how many posts one has without hitting next 50 posts all night..which might be what I would have to do...My God, I have to have at least one million to my name!!
And I bet the only one worth a cent is my Trip Report from Hell.

Not to be critical, but what made you check on nessundormas postings?

bob_brown Mar 15th, 2006 04:57 PM

Nessun dorma is ubiquitous because s/he does not sleep.

Beatchick Mar 15th, 2006 04:59 PM

But, maitaitom, you *know* UK will win! Go Wildcats!!
((@))

111op Mar 15th, 2006 05:09 PM

Is nessun dorma looking for Calaf's name?

Will heads roll?

laclaire Mar 15th, 2006 05:26 PM

I have 269, and on some I have posted more than once.

I feel like that is a lot, so I guess it is a good thing that I am weening myself off the board to some extent. Of course, I am exchanging one obsession for another. . . but isn't that always the case?

nessundorma Mar 15th, 2006 05:33 PM

here I am! 402!

Think I can hit 500 before the weekend?

cigalechanta Mar 15th, 2006 05:45 PM

Your posts were informative, so I don't care.

nevertooold Mar 15th, 2006 05:53 PM

All that I know is that I have been seeking some Riviera advice for the last month or so, and when Ness ( by the way, congratulations on hitting the big 4-0-2) first started responding, I was so impressed with his recommendations and advice that I clicked on his name and was totally surprised by how recent a poster he in fact was.

Now, one month later, as the questions concerning the Rivieras and C.T. keep rolling in, I eagerly read, and continue to thoroughly enjoy his responses, as they always seem to be well thought out and absolutely invaluable, especially for me, one whose itinerary seems to change as often as the wind blows.

Ness - keep the information flowing - you really are in a similar league as Ira, Stu, Patrick ( as he then was...) and the many others who continue to take the time to pass on their expertise to the rest of us.

Traviata Mar 15th, 2006 06:09 PM

Nessun,

All I know is..whatever I need an answer for, you have it...

bobthenavigator Mar 15th, 2006 06:21 PM

When Rex first started about 6 years ago he went crazy too--I bet 500 in a week. He has slowed down now since he moved back to IN. I am curious about nessun dorma---I am guessing a female age 50.

cigalechanta Mar 15th, 2006 06:51 PM

Hmmm? I thought female..I maybe wrong. I have misjudged some who I thought were trolls/.

LoveItaly Mar 15th, 2006 07:08 PM

Will someone please answer Scarlett's question,LOL, as I too would like to know how to see how many post I have without hitting "next 50 post" for hours. Any easier way?

Scarlett Mar 15th, 2006 07:11 PM

LOL, Thank you Love :D

Clifton Mar 15th, 2006 07:25 PM

I'm not on here often enough anymore to have followed anyone's personal history.

But I'm going to guess a name like Nessun Dorma is going to be male. Not Turandot and not Calef, but hey, the aria is at least for a male role. No one sleeps until we find out for sure... ;)

kybourbon Mar 15th, 2006 07:32 PM

LoveItaly - You have posted to 5093 threads. I'm sure there is an easier way than what I did. Click on your name and when it appears on the left side, right click and select open in new window. When the new window comes up, change the number in the thread to a random number - 5000 if you think that would be about right. You might have to fool with it a bit but it's faster than clicking threads of 50.