Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used www.airfranceholidays.com to go to France from the US?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Rick

Has anyone used www.airfranceholidays.com to go to Paris from the US? If so, any suggestions/comments? Anything I should know before I purchase a trip? <BR> <BR>Thank you.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:13 AM
kris

no experience with airfranceholidays, but way too much experience with air france this summer....missed flights(their fault!), lost luggage, rudeness...no more air france flights for us!

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 05:42 AM
MAry Lou

Be very careful of Air France. Labor groups in France have history of striking and my trip was no exception. The AF pilots decided to strik while I was there and several other unions went out in sympathy including the trains which affected me as well. I stood in line all day at an Air France ticket office trying to get my ticket transferred to another airline. It all worked but severed a very important lesson. Apparetnly this kind of information is available from experienced travel agents so make an inquiry before you book.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 06:25 AM
tourist

I have not used that one but I have used www.France-vacations.com for two trips and was very pleased--air fair from Corpus Christi,Texas to Paris, hotel and breakfast included. Other options are available such as transportation to and from airport but we used public transportation.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 06:31 AM
AC

Hi Rick: <BR>On a more positive note...I have used them for both of my trips to Paris. I was very happy with them both times. The customer service was great. The flights were uneventful (they took off and landed with no problems, in my opinion, that's uneventful)They did not lose my luggage. The hotels were terrific. I stayed in the Montparrnesse area both times and loved it! The only problem I had was a minor one. The provided tickets for the Air France shuttle bus and when I received them, they were the wrong ones. I called right away, not enough time for replacements so when we got to Paris, they were waiting there with replacement tickets. Cool actually. This is my real email, so if you would like further information feel free to email me.