Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Parisperfect apartments? Is this a good alternative to a hotel?

Apr 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

I came across Parisperfect on a websearch. The images look beautiful. I am debating renting an apartment rather than staying in a hotel. Aside from preparing some meals, what advantages are there by renting an aprtment. There are two of us travelling by the way.
Apr 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM

I can highly recommend Paris Perfect. I stayed there several weeks ago. The advantage for us was: feeling like we were "Parisians" for a week, being able to have a living room to sit and relax after a long day of sightseeing (hotel rooms can be rather small), and since we got sick for a few days, having a kitchen to cook "get better" food was great. Their pictures on the website are exactly what the apartments look like. Hope this helps.
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM

We'll be staying in a ParisPerfect apartment next month. Many over on AOL who've recently returned have raved about these apartments.

I booked one of their apartments for a) the phenomenal views, and b) to have more than just a bedroom for our stay this time.

There are advantages to staying in a hotel. Help with your bags, all sorts of assistance from the front desk (making dinner reservations for you, recommending restaurants, giving directions, knowing the nearest pharmacy...), along with daily maid service.

I do not plan to do any cooking or laundry, but we've always wanted to be able to shop at the glorious Paris markets and shops with take-away (roast chickens...gorgeous fruits, vegetables...) and so forth.

And, I'm one who enjoys coffee (with real milk) without having to get dressed and go out for it.

It will also be nice to have food and beverages around for later at night, when you're not hungry enough for a restaurant meal or all the restaurants have closed.

Also nice will be having living room seating and a table with chairs (did I mention the views?).

Be advised that you usually must book ParisPerfect way, way ahead. I booked ours early last year (when nothing was available for September or October). They do have a rather generous cancellation policy, though.

Note that none of these apartments has air conditioning...we feel safe for May, but have also visited Paris in June and September and have been really glad to have it.
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, folks.
May 1st, 2005, 06:56 PM

We stayed in Cabernet last summer. It really was perfect. I didn't plan on eating in at all, but the take out meals in the area, especially on Rue Cler were wonderful. You can live like a local. We didn't expect to save the money that we did. Now, we are a family of 4, so the advantages were greater than I would expct for just 2 people.
May 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM

We booked our apt for March, in January.
I missed room service but my husband was up and out early each day, picking up fresh croissants at the bakery on rue Cler, we had a great coffee maker, so it was bearable
If you want more room, if you want to feel like you actually live in Paris, those are the best reasons for renting an apt.
Also if you plan to stay more than a week.
Otherwise, a good hotel is fine with me.
Paris Perfect offers maid service for an extra fee.