Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Paris-Rentals for apartments in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a poster yesterday who recommended using this company for rentals in Paris. I asked him or her about places they had stayed in the Marais and I noticed this morning that the post mentioning this company has been deleted. Does anyone have any information on them? I have sent two emails but no response, so far.
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Not this rental company but if you are looking for a rental in Marais, we had a very good experience with www.rentalfrance.com. Their 2-bedroom on Rue St. Paul. The apartments are individually owned but managed for rentals by this company. I stayed with my parents in fall 2004. It was a great location close to metro, shops, restaurants, great apartment for space and comfort although not as fancy as some and we were very happy with our choice.
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We're using in January the rentalfrance mentioned by laurie_ann. Also staying in an apt on Rue St Paul, but it's a one bedroom. Pascal has been very responsive and easy to deal with for the booking. I had read reveiws of his company here and in NYTimes and WPost.
Two years ago we rented an apt in the Marais thru
http://www.bienvenueaparis.com/. Nice 1 bedroom apt and great location. Jim was not always as responsive as he travels back and forth between Paris and US. However, the apt is as promised and no problems with the rental at all. One advantage is that u pay him in USDs so no worry with the ever changing downward rate of exchange of the USD.
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will check out both companies. Very frustrating I can't seem to get Rental-Paris people to email me back. They have a great one bedroom with a den that would be perfect for a traveling family.
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 08:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Another good company is www.guestapartment.com

Dealing with them was perfect in every way from our very first email.
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM

I used another company http://www.welcome2france.com/ for a good luxurious apartment of 4 bedrooms. It was good for a group of 8 visiting France first time. Wow it was thrill. Eiffel tower facing and for me as a tourist was a fun. Exquisite furniture, well-done bathrooms it was all as per expectation. French luxury homes are really good fun and it was a life time experience!!!
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Lisamary,

Which apartment did you stay in? Those apartments on your link are very high end. You are not advertising, are you?
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM

Hi Hershey

Yes, very true, well, the apartment in which we stayed is a very high end. I remember it is very near to Champs-Elysees. The costs was high but the people associated with site were very helpful in organizing pick ups and drops, site seeing and all our needs. No, I am not advertising.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM

I haven't used this company, but when my wife and I visit Paris, we have stayed at a wonderful apartment you might want to try. The website is www.parisinsight.com. Virginia (the manager) was warm and friendly and the apartment was beautiful and clean and in the middle of everything. There was a view of the Eiffel Tower right from our kitchen. We also took an eight our Paris orientation tour and a Pere LeChaise tour with her that were amazing and insightful. We would HIGHLY recommend! Good luck, and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM

We used Paris Rental Connections (not sure if it is the same company or not) but they were great. Apartment in the Marais exactly as advertised - perfect for our group of 4 - and met by an English speaking agent who was remarkably patient in having to wait for us after a delayed flight. This was the apartment we stayed in: http://www.parisrentalconnections.co...s&id=47&code=6
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 06:50 AM

there are lots of rental agencies in paris, not sure why you find it hard to get a response, try this http://directoryofparis.com/blog/ent...-on-the-tenant, it lists different ones or just google top engencies