Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Has anyone tried to change Spanair flight last minute

Has anyone tried to change Spanair flight last minute

Sep 5th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone tried to change Spanair flight last minute

I have a Spanair flight from Seville to Barcelona booked for early October. We are now considering leaving Seville a day earlier to spend more time in BCN. To actually change it now would require a total rebooking at around $500. Has anyone tried just going to the airport on that day and asking to change flights directly from the Spanair desk? I've done this in other countries with smaller airlines, and have been charged little or nothing if room was available.
Sep 5th, 2006, 07:28 AM
car

It all depends what tickets you have,
if you have any kind of discount ticket unless you have paid the change fee I think it not easy to change them for free or a small amount.
The way it works nowadays in europe is the more on-advance you buy your ticket the cheaper and more expensive the closer to the flight date.
Sep 5th, 2006, 09:17 AM

Spanair is not a small airline..they are Lufthansa partners, so, they behave exactly and if you bought a discounted ticket..you have no changes or refunds without a charge. And the charge usually is not any small amount.
Seville to Barcelona is a crowded route, so I don't think they have availability the same day at the airport, but even if they have, it won't be for free !!

Search this Thread