Question about vaporetti in Venice

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 03:07 AM
Zoe

Question about vaporetti in Venice

First of all thank you to everyone who has posted Venice hotel information on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful comments, I have been able to choose a hotel (Locanda San Barnaba) without needing to post a question! <BR> <BR>However, I do need to ask this: I am a bit confused about the vaporetto stops on the Grand Canal. We are flying to Treviso and getting a rail connection to Santa Lucia station. Our hotel is near Ca' Rezzonico stop on the left bank - but will the vaporetti stop on this bank travelling south from the rail station? (assume that it will keep to the right, in line with European roads - but just need to be sure!) The transport map in the guide book I have bought is not clear. <BR> <BR>One more quick question - I am really keen to do the "Secret Itinerary" tour in the Doge's Palace - is this open end of March/beginning of April? Some sources say it's only open in summer. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Zoe

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 03:52 AM
Paige

The boats cross-cross the canal and stop at the official docks. I think there are 2 lines that go down the Grand Canal, #1 and #82? I'm not looking at a book or anything so I'm just going from memory. One of those stops at all stops, both sides, as it comes to them. The other only makes a few stops (still both sides, I believe).

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Zoe

Thanks Paige - that makes sense now! <BR> <BR>Another question - is there a rail station actually at Treviso airport or only from the town centre??

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 05:33 AM
Paige

I don't know. If you don't get an answer here try posting that separately.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 05:52 AM
elaine

Re the Itinerari Segreti ("Secret Itinerary") tour: see website <BR>http://www.goeurope.about.com/travel...e/aa081197.htm for the following info Other than June through September which is when the guided secret tour is offered in Italian, in the off-season <BR>you may be able to wander across the Bridge of Sighs and explore the prisons on your own during a self-guided visit to the Doge's Palace. Ask at the palace ticket window or have your hotel's concierge phone 52-24-951 for current details.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Marija

We took a "Secret Itinerary" tour in English last September. I would recommend it highly.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 06:24 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Zoe <BR>A very good source for Vaporetti information in Venice is on www. <BR>actv.it/ingelse/preservizi.htm <BR>yoou can print out a map and listings <BR>of Route numbers to specific stops. <BR>Also might check into www.itwg.com/airports.htm for Treviso <BR>airport connections, have not found the <BR>specific information other than in one <BR>book found the RR station on the south <BR>side of the town and the airport about <BR>5 km to the west. Possibly could a <BR>stop as in the Pozzorario list a stop <BR>at Lancenigo 6 km out of Treviso, but <BR>can not find that town on the my map. <BR>If I find anything else will send it <BR>too you.. Richard of La Grange Park, IL <BR>