Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Taken the Tauck Tour of Spain?

Apr 17th, 2002, 04:41 AM
jb

Any info would be great. Also, what time do the tours start (my H likes to sleep in)? Is there a bathroom on the buses? Are meals really really late?

Apr 17th, 2002, 04:48 AM
eve

I haven't, but my husband and I are booked on the Spain and Portugal tour for this September. I will report back!

Apr 17th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Cindy

First off, I have to say we haven't been to Spain yet with Tauck, although we have taken a few tours with them elsewhere. We thought about the Week in Spain tour for this year, but decided to go with the Week in Holland tour instead because of the Floriade.

Based of our experiences so far, and I would imagine the Spain tour would be similar, tours for the day generally start at about 9AM. Every bus I've been on so far has had a bathroom on it. And it is my understanding that, since in Spain the usual dinnertime is at 10PM, and Tauck understands that most non-Spaniards don't eat quite that late, that they have arranged for the tour people to have dinner at 8:30PM.

Hope this helps a little, it's no definite information, maybe someone else has been on the exact tour you are asking about - I have heard it is wonderful!

Cindy

Apr 21st, 2002, 08:06 AM
jb

Thanks for your replies.

Eve, I look forward to hearing about your experiences next Fall. That is probably when I will get serious about booking a trip for the Spring!

jb

Apr 21st, 2002, 02:02 PM
Rex

Want to go when the consensus of the group is to get up and go? Sound like a cornerstone philosophy of a Fodorites' trip!

Best wishes,

Rex

Apr 21st, 2002, 02:26 PM
up

up

Apr 21st, 2002, 06:08 PM
On The Go

My folks leave in a week for that tour. They've taken 4 previous Tauck Tours and have enjoyed all of them. Cindy is correct regarding dinner times. The tour arranges to eat at 8:30 rather than the usual 10:00 of Spain. For the most part my folks have been very happy with their guides and fellow travelers, and they have almost always been happy with their accomodations.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:39 PM
Rex

Topping, apropos my question (posting)about Fodorites' trip to Spain - - interest, anyone?

Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:36 AM
wondering

On the go: please write back and tell us about your parents' visit with Tauck.

May 15th, 2002, 05:32 AM
wondering

Are on-the-go's parents back from the Tauck tour of Spain? Feedback, please. It would be much appreciated.

May 15th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Denise

Our neighbors have been on a Tauck Tour of Spain, and they had a magnificent time and recommend it.

May 22nd, 2002, 05:08 AM
up

To the top!

May 22nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
jb

what does "to the top" mean?

May 22nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
pam

Yes,Rex. I'm interested but not until about a year from now. I would love to go to Spain with Fodorites next July.
Is this timing good?

Jul 6th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Eva

I took the "Tour of Spain" last summer. (I just realized, we left a year ago today!!) It was a WONDERFUL experience. Even my mom, who was hesitant about going at all, fell in love with the country. The meals were all either scheduled towards the typcial American or left up to you. I remember a few nights (in Carmona and Ronda specifically) where dinner in the hotel was totally up to you. I believe there is a bathroom on the bus, but the longer trips do have stops which are a little nicer.
Depending on when you go, you may have "Kike" as your bus driver once you get to Granada. He and I met on the tour and have become good friends. He still drives that tour. If you meet him, tell him that "Evita" from the US says hi! Be SURE to post about it when you get back!