Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone taken the "Angels & Demons" Tour by 3 Millennia?

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone taken the "Angels & Demons" Tour by 3 Millennia? It seems interesting and the price sounds great compared to some of the other ones I have seen.

http://www.threemillennia.com/group_...emons_tour.htm
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:42 AM

I wish I could've gotten to you before you asked your seemingly innocent question...Be prepared for the insults and attacks for daring to bring up this subject. You are about to be called a "Philistine", "pseudo-intellectual" and a "religious kook" for having any interest in the subject. This is almost as bad as asking "What's different between an European McDonald's and one here in the States?"

By the way, I'd love to do the same tour myself! It looks rather interesting to me too.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:48 AM

Gee, I was totally unaware of the dangers of being thought a Philistine on these boards! LOL, Zeus!
I think it sounds just fine, interesting and if that is the way one wants to see and learn, more power to them!
We don't do tours, of any sort, so it would not be my way of traveling, but why not?? If it is interesting to you, Do it!
I did read the book
Have fun dankramer!
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:53 AM

what's a philistine?
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:56 AM

Someone who lacks knowledge in a certain area .

Old Jan 9th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

The thing is is that we have been to Rome a few times and we have seen all of the must see sites and many of the not so well known sites as well. After corresponding with Tony at 3 Millennia, we have decided to take the tour. It will go into both Santa Maria del Popolo and Santa Maria della Victoria. Two churches that we have not been to yet. Plus, it seems that they will also disprove some of the content of the book, which I think will be interesting.

We are also thinking about taking their Off the Beaten Path Tour and Wine Tour, as well.

On another note, I have heard that it is possible to tour the Knights of Malta villa on the Aventine Hill, has anyone done this?
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:22 AM

I read somewhere that the Knights of Malta had allowed limited tours of their church, Santa Maria del Priorato, during the Jubilee 2000 festivities. I don't think it is possible to do this again.
The piazza where the Knights of Malta compound is located contains the famous keyhole through which you can view the dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
You can get a better view of the church from Piazza del Emporio between via Marmorata and the bridge over the Tiber river.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:26 AM

Philistine: a Dan Brown fanatic.

Sorry, darling, I just couldn't resist.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:46 AM

"Plus, it seems that they will also disprove some of the content of the book, which I think will be interesting."

How can one prove or disprove fiction?