Reload this Page >

Has anyone taken a bike tour of Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
Alice

This looks like fun, wondering if anyone has gone with this company... www.mikesbiketoursparis.com - says it is formerly Bullfrog Bike Tours, also. They lead a day-tour and a night-tour, each choice lasts about 3-4 hours, and they furnish all the equipment. If they have any bikes left over (not being used in a tour) they will rent them out; located in the Grenelle/Suffren area. So - anyone enjoyed (or had wits scared out of them) biking in Paris?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:06 PM
Peg

My husband and 16 year old son did the daytime tour in April and loved it! The guides are really great and have many fun, obscure details that they hadn't heard about before. The routes are mostly off the busy streets, through parks, etc. It was very memorable for them and they just regretted not having enough time to take the evening tour also.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:59 PM
David

While in OParis I saw a few of their brochures; they appear to be a "young and irreverent" type of tour. They bike through parks etc. and if I'm not mistaken they go about 300 or so yards before stopping at the next site; so there is nothing real heavy duty about the biking part.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
Annette

I haven't done this, but was considering it myself for an upcoming trip so am topping...

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:01 AM
Alice

Thanks for the replies... I had a bike accident in my own neighborhood (total klutz) and broke my foot. Tried to ride a bike in Amsterdam 9 months later, got terrible butterflies and couldn't leave the parking lot! Well, at least I have a cool bell for my bike at home from Amsterdam. I've been riding at home ever since, so maybe Paris will be doable.