Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Stayed in the Room that is Featured on the Flora Hotel's (Venice) Website?

Notices

Has Anyone Stayed in the Room that is Featured on the Flora Hotel's (Venice) Website?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:34 PM
lynn

Hi,

I was looking on the website for the Flora Hotel in Venice, since I know that many people here has given the hotel good reviews.

There's only one picture shown of any of the rooms, but the one that is shown looks beautiful. The hotel site is either www.hotelflora.it or www.florahotel.it., I can't remember which. (Actually, both sites are for hotels in Italy, but only one is for the hotel in Venice.)

If anyone has stayed in the room featured on the website, can you please let me know what the experience was like--noisy, any sort of view, what the bathroom is like (shower or tub) etc. I've e-mailed the hotel, but haven't heard back yet, so any info is really appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Mary

Lynn,
We just returned two weeks ago and stayed at the FLora in the Hotel room in the picture on the website. It was very beautiful filled with antiques. The window overlooked the lovely garden that is also seen on the website. The bathroom was very long and narrow with good water pressure and plenty of hot water(shower) We haved stayed in hotels in Italy with much larger bathrooms, however, this was very nice ( and we are extremely picky). There is a hairdryer. The staff is exceptionally helpful. There was no noise in the room except for the ringing of church bells. The location is excellent and close to St. Mark's square and to the Accademia bridge.
Ciao
Mary

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Lynn

Thanks for the info Mary! I'm like you, in that I am very picky with hotels, so I'm glad to hear that you liked this one.

Just curious--did you luck out on the room, or did you ask for this room in particular?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:10 PM
momrath

my husband, son and i spent a delightful week at the flora. our first room was tiny (extreme) with bathroom across the hall. they warned us, but really it was too, too small. our second room was the room shown in the website. i loved the flora and would go back there in a minute for the garden, the sincerely friendly and helpful staff, the location, the overall ambience -- however, i must say the room looks better in the photo than it does in real life. it's a bit shabby,worn around the edges. to me, that was part of the charm, but if you're expecting something more "formal" you may be disappointed.
the bathroom was reasonably large. the view of the garden and the venetian rooftops was lovely.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Mary

Lynn,
I did not request the particular room, however, I booked it six months in advance and asked for a large room with a garden view (we brought our 16 yearold son with us)!I reconfirmed the booking one month in advance to assure the size and the view-- they were very gracious about the accommodations. I think that the very old hotel with charm and antiques may appear a little shabby-- but I for one enjoy that aspect when I travel in Europe-- those hotels are always my favorites!
Ciao
Mary