Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Toren Hotel Or Arena hotel in Amsterdam?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 09:53 PM
bob

nm

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 04:16 AM
ilisa

I stayed at Hotel Toren and loved it. I highly recommend it. Our room was spacious and overlooked the canal. The staff could not have been more helpful. At the time we were there (1995) we paid about $122/night. I would definitely stay there again.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:29 AM
Bill

<BR>Ditto as to the Toren. We stayed there in Spring, 1999 and thought it was super. Great staff - helpful, friendly, funny. It's a perfect location for walking to the downtown neighborhoods and catching the tram to everywhere else. They have two separate canal house buildings (not adjacent). When we were there last year, there was a construction barge parked right in front of the main building, where our room was. (A nearby house on the block was being gutted and rehabbed.)It kind of spoiled the view. If it will still be there when you go, ask for a canal-front room in the annex house. If you are saving money and get a garden-facing room, go ahead and stay in the main building.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:08 PM
sandy

Today we called long distance to book the Toren & we asked about the barge in front (which we'd read about on Frommer's). The reservation clerk told us it is no longer there.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:09 PM
sandy

Oops! That's Fodor's where we read about the barge - not Frommer's.