Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Stayed at the Ibis Hotel on Rue Breguet in the 11th?

Jan 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

If so, how is the area? How was your room and did the air conditioner work well? Can anyone recommend another Ibis in Paris that is in a good location?

Thanks!
Jan 18th, 2004, 09:33 AM

Yes, we did and it is fine--a typical IBIS. It is about 2 blocks to the Metro. We stayed there because we didn't make arrangements in advance and were able to get in. There are other more charming hotels in Paris in more central or interesting locations for the same price. I think this is the best located Ibis.
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Gretchen, thanks for the response. Was it warm enough to use the air conditioner when you stayed there? If so, did it work well?

I am thinking about this hotel because I am looking for a budget hotel with an air-conditioned room for 3 and this seems to fit the bill. Do you have a better suggestion? Thanks again!
Jan 18th, 2004, 11:03 AM

No, we didn't need the AC in March. And actually for one night we did have a triple. I had forgotten that until you said that. It is CLOSE quarters, believe me!! But it is very clean and has a good breakfast (not included).
Jan 18th, 2004, 11:46 AM

There are lots of Ibis hotels in Paris and while most are on the edges or suburbs, I think the ones near Cambronne, Ledru Rollin and the Grands Boulevards metro stops are also fairly convenient locations. I think those plus the one on Breguet are probably the best locations.
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM

This is near Bastille, Bofinger, the blvd. Richard Lenoir street market which we enjoyed.
Jan 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM

The AC works just fine. Roooms are clean, simply but well designed and fairly good sized by Paris standards. there are a restaurant and bar in the lobby. It's quite well located - there are several shops and restaurants in the neighborhood but the noisy clubs are a couple blocks away. The Metro stop on line 5 is two blocks away or you can walk a few blocks to the Bastille stop for lines 5, 1 and 8. You can stroll to the Marais, Bastille, Place de Vosges areas easily, even further if weather and energy level are good.
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Seamus, do you think the clubs are close enough to make noise a problem?
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:15 AM

charlieg -
No, that's what I meant by they are a few blocks away - the distance is enough that noise isn't an issue at all.