Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at The Ambra Club Hotel or the Stadion Hotel in budapest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Steve

I am coming to Budpest in October and found very good rates at these hotels, but I can not find any customer reviews on them. I thought if anyone out there has stayed at either of them they might give me a review. Do they provide good service? Is the staff freindly towards foreigners, and do they speak English? Should I spend more and stay somewhere else? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:48 AM
up

up<BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Topper

Sadly, they are probably underwater at this time!

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Noemi

Hi,<BR>They are not underwater (just check some web-camera sites and you can see the Danube in Budapest) but they are not the best hotels either. I would look for something else. Try Astoria Hotel on Kossuth Lajos ut, V. distict or City Matyas Panzio or City Panzio Ring.<BR><BR>Noemi

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Leslie

Steve, I can recommend the Kalmar B&B on the Buda side of the Danube. If you do a search for Kalmar B&B here at Fodors, you'll find a description of the B&B. I would definitely stay thee again, and the price was less than the City Panzio Matyas (no elevator). It's just behind the Gellert Hotel (you can see the pools from the Kalmar's breakfast room and rooms in the front of the hotel) and just about 1 long block to the metro and bus stops.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Steve

Dear, Noemi and Leslie, I really appreciate your recommendations. Thank you very much for your input, as it is difficult to know where to stay when you journey to place you have never been before. I have had some really bad experiences in trying pick good hotels and some goods ones. I will certainly check out the places you have mentioned. Thanks again, Steve.