Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Le Madison in Paris, recently?

Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:15 AM
Lynne

Hi, we'd like to book a twin room there. Has anyone stayed at the hotel just recently to let me know how it is? I'd like to know if the twin room is fairly large as I'd read this hotel has large rooms for Paris. Also please let me know your observations about the hotel in general. Thanks.

Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
t

topping for myself

Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:06 PM
Lynne

Topping for myself also

Any recent guests stayed here? We both would appreciate any comments on Le Madison. Thanks.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:44 AM
Julie

I stayed at the Madison about a year ago, in a standard double, not a twin. The room was of a reasonable size for two people, a little on the large side by Paris standards. This room faced the front of the hotel and looked out onto St. Germain-des-Pres. The room was nice, with a modern bathroom with double sinks and shower curtain. The breakfast area downstairs is also quite nice, and the buffet in the morning is good. The location couldn't be better. Lots of small shops, cafes, and restaurants all around, 5 minutes walk to two different metro lines, and also walking distance to an RER station. Easy walk to the Seine, and over into the Marais as well.

Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:56 PM
Maribel

Lynne,
We stayed at le Madison during the Easter weekend and enjoyed everything about our stay. We felt very comfortable and very much "at home" there. Although it was a real stretch for our budget, we were celebrating a special occasion and went for the splurge at the end of our week's stay (the other days were spent saving euros at the budget boutique Hotel Danube). Alain, the bellman/concierge/man in perpetual motion kept us entertained and well cared for, as did Christian, who took care of restaurant reservations and drove us to the airport. We chose the deluxe 230 euro twin facing Place St. Germain (but very quiet because the hotel stands slightly back from the Blvd. and windows are double glazed). It was elegantly, stylishly decorated with nice antiques and with a beautiful Italian tiled bath with double sink and pedestal tray running over with high quality toiletries. The only thing missing: bathrobes and slippers. You can see "our" room at www.hotel-madison.com It's the second picture on the chambre page, chambre de type 2. For Paris standards, the room was quite large with tons of wardrobe/drawer space. It also had the requisite minibar with nice ice bucket and wine goblets, closet safe and trouser press. The ample full American-style buffet breakfast in the pretty muraled breakfast room is included in the rate, and coffee and juice are served by a uniformed waitresses. There's a computer in the parlor for internet access/emails, but at a charge of 10 euros per hr, which we didn't use. We really liked what we found: a classy, refined hotel in a truly fabulous location in the very heart of the 6th. Although for us it was a real budget stretcher, we found it worth the splurge for a very special long weekend.
(Not staying there this Jan., but only beacause budget doesn't permit this time, but will definitely return...)