Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at B&B il Rossellino in Pienza?

Old May 9th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find any reviews of this place and would prefer some first hand experience.

Thank you.

http://www.soggiornoapienza.it/
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:45 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I haven't stayed there, but imagine it would be fine. The historical center of Pienza is tiny so location isn't that important. There are some newer places along the edge if you wanted to stay somewhere newer. I stayed in this one in September and had the smallest apartment (la Serra - 45€ for a single). The only thing I didn't like was lack of comfortable seating, but I think their bigger apartments are a little more comfortable. They have a nice outdoor garden space.
http://www.ilgiardinosegreto.toscana.nu/
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:51 AM

I also stayed at Il Giardino Segreto in a 2 bedroom apartment but this apt did not have comfortable seating either. I believe there was 1 wicker "sofa" and 1 or 2 wicker chairs. But we weren't in the apartment very much. I thought it was a great place and Pienza was convenient to so many other towns.
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

I'm also considering Il Giardino. Do those rooms have hair dryers and did you have any problems with parking? We'll be there over May 1 and I'm a little concerned about that.
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:13 AM

I don't remember about hair dryers since I don't use one. Email the agency and ask. They were very helpful with all our questions.

You are given a parking permit to put on the car dashboard to allow parking within town. You can't park on the small street in front of the building since that's resident only parking. But there is parking on the main road and on the side roads or around the main square. It never took me more than 5 minutes to find a parking spot within a 1 minute walk of the apartment.
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:17 AM

About the washing machine at Il Gardino. There is a communal machine to the right of the entrance door. However it takes about 2.5 hours to do a wash. You could start a load and then go to dinner and it would be done when you return.
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My room had a hair dryer. I would assume all of them do.

The problem with seating in the smallest apartment is the bedroom is upstairs so it wasn't like you could sit on the bed either. The only chairs were two folding chairs that went with the tiny breakfast table (which was also folding).
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:17 AM

The 2 bedroom had a regular wooden table large enough to spread out our books and papers and wooden chairs. The bedrooms were handy for relaxing.