I just returned yesterday from a business/pleasure trip to Scotland and Belgium. Halfway through the trip, I flew on British Airways from Edinburgh to Brussels via Heathrow. I arrived safely in Brussels, but my luggage did not.
Thankfully, they easily located my bag in London, and it was delivered to my hotel room in Brussels later that night. But the first thing I noticed when I opened up my suitcase was a big gaping hole where my toiletry bag had been. I can only assume that someone stole it out of my suitcase during the layover in London. I am steaming mad - that toiletry bag is a beautiful Kate Spade that I adored, and it was filled with all of my makeup, my pills, a couple pairs of disposable contact lenses, and a bunch of other things.
Has this happened to anyone else here? Can you offer any advice on how to handle this? I have already submitted a claim on British Airways' website, but I'd love to hear if others have had any luck getting reimbursed for stolen items.
Other than that, my trip to Edinburgh, the Scottish Highlands, and Brussels was great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 British English: Why Left-Tennant?
- 5 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Milan airport--which one
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 11 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Getting around Lisbon
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 24 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 25 Trains - website?
Has anyone here had something stolen out of their luggage at Heathrow?