Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Has anyone heard from GraceJoan who usually spends spring in Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/has-anyone-heard-from-gracejoan-who-usually-spends-spring-in-paris-934160/)

dac May 6th, 2012 04:46 AM

Has anyone heard from GraceJoan who usually spends spring in Paris

I'ves always enjoyed her daily reports from Paris and thought she was going this spring.
there was just some sad news in the lounge about LoveItaly. So I'm hoping GraceJoan is okay and just not spending time in Paris

AlessandraZoe May 6th, 2012 04:52 AM

She's home right now, dac. She skipped Paris this spring, but I think she's bringing Paris to the US. Her current postings:
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...3-to-feb-3.cfm

dac May 6th, 2012 05:46 AM

Thank you and for the link. Don't know how I missed it.

AlessandraZoe May 6th, 2012 05:52 AM

I know what you mean. After all, one has to suppose that Joan's posts are always somewhere on the first page of the Europe forum. She's earned lots of friends.

plufmud Nov 27th, 2013 12:05 PM

Just wondering if GraceJoan is in Paris for Thanksgiving 2013. I miss her posts and food photos!!

kerouac Nov 27th, 2013 12:55 PM

I think she has migrated to more private posting after understanding that her threads did not fascinate the majority of people here.

TPAYT Nov 27th, 2013 02:16 PM

I loved her posts, especially the food descriptions and photos.

RobertaL Nov 27th, 2013 02:48 PM

Didn't realize fascination was a requirement on Fodors. Joan has assisted me in planning all my Paris trips and meeting her in person made me love her even more. Luckily, I still keep in touch with her. And yes, TPAYT, I can't wait to see the food pics!

~Roberta

StCirq Nov 27th, 2013 02:59 PM

She's still in touch with many of us. I believe she prefers that to posting here, but I could be wrong.

flpab Nov 27th, 2013 03:09 PM

I love seeing her pics.

denisea Nov 27th, 2013 03:55 PM

I get an email from her almost everyday and she is well. She shares with many still but away from the nasties who must criticize anyone who doesn't think the same way they do. She has a short trip planned soon but is not in Paris for Thanksgiving this year.

She's a gem and nothing but kind. Many enjoy her posts and the great info she shares.

StuDudley Nov 27th, 2013 05:21 PM

We've spent time with Joan on each of the last 3 trips we made to Paris. Like others have stated, she became fed-up with the nit-pickers who criticized her.

Stu Dudley

chutney Nov 27th, 2013 06:58 PM

I have never met her, but also enjoyed her posts.
I can understand why she got fed up. I remember being shocked by the mean comments she and some of her friends received.

yestravel Nov 27th, 2013 07:16 PM

When did Fodor's post suddenly have to be fascinating? I look for information and I got that from Gracejoan's posts. In addition to her postings here she was kind enough to offer on site help which speaks to her kindness and willingness to help others beyond just posting on this board. Never could understand why people don't just pass by posts that they don't like instead of being sarcastic and unkind. I don't blame her for preferring to stay off this board. Happy that I also stay in touch with her.

returntoyourseat Nov 27th, 2013 08:25 PM

Wow - I haven't been on in such a long time....I have been stateside for months and to be honest I came on here tonight to see what all the Paris beautiful people had to say....Sorry to hear that Joan isn't on here often, I enjoyed her post...I am in the midst of crazy holidays and am promising the world and my family that I will be in Paris next holiday....The most memorable times comes from being there at Christmas and NYE....I will post some questions on another thread but just wanted to say seeing some of your names is like meeting up with old friends...

gracejoan Nov 27th, 2013 08:55 PM

Alive and well and mostly posting with a small group of us who enjoy the same things!

Leaving 12/1 for short 1 week Paris/London trip with some great dining. Bistrot Belhara, 110 Les Taillevent, Reed, Violon d'Ingres, Cafe Constant etc...Early Christmas get together with some Paris friends.

Will return end of January for 2 months..

a bientot..

Joan
Happy Thanksgiving to all...

a bientot

FabulousFrance Nov 27th, 2013 09:05 PM

shoots...sorry to read Joan is not posting here as often as she used to. Although I do not frequent the same restaurants as she...different budget...I really enjoyed her delish food pictures.

Joan if you read this...I hope you post again here...and Happy Travels to you.

sharona Nov 30th, 2013 09:00 AM

I love her posts as well. I hope she'll consider coming back and posting her lovely pictures and TR's again.

cynthia_booker Nov 30th, 2013 09:08 AM

Like FabulousFrance, I also enjoyed her reports and even though I travel to Paris annually, I cannot afford to go in her great style. However, she seems to be the kindest, nicest woman anyone could hope to meet.

cathies Nov 30th, 2013 11:55 AM

When she posted about her last trip, some nutcase registered as, I think, Gracejoan1 and started posting really nasty comments on her report. Some were removed before she saw them, but not all. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that contributed to her not posting here so much. I miss her reports, they were great.